What Should You Be Doing NOW...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studioalamode

Reaction score
.... instead of being HERE!

I should be cleaning my house, specifically:

* removing packaging materials from the dining room table
* taking shoes that we have all kicked off upstairs (hmmm.... eight or nine pairs sitting in front of the couch and only three of us live here???)
* getting the living room back to par ("par" is not really clean, it is just a reasonable state of live-ability)
* finishing up the deck and getting it ready for outdoor live-ability
* cleaning the kitchen
* re-organizing the studio

That being said, it is a long weekend, and I can do it all tomorrow, right???

laying in my bunk trying to sleep because tomorrow is going to be a long day.... I hate packing and unpacking... I hate iraq... lmao

Oh, yes.....the dreaded C word. My husband and I had a talk about that this morning. It basically went like this:

Me: Oh, the house is sooo messy, but I know you won't complain because you know that you'd have to help me clean it up if you did.

Husband: Yep, that's right!

He's out mowing the lawn, I'm enjoying a butter toffee coffee and the forum! :)

Jude

I should be powerwashing and taking apart an my sun conure's old cage to donate to a parrot rescue.

heyjude said:
Oh, yes.....the dreaded C word. My husband and I had a talk about that this morning. It basically went like this:

Me: Oh, the house is sooo messy, but I know you won't complain because you know that you'd have to help me clean it up if you did.

Husband: Yep, that's right!

He's out mowing the lawn, I'm enjoying a butter toffee coffee and the forum! :)

Jude

It is great to have a supportive husband... mine doesn't complain, luckily. But then he's in to as many hobbies as I am and has stacks of things, too. Mainly comic books and regular books. Plus he plays on-line poker a lot, so when I'm crafting I'm not nagging him to get off the computer and at last we can be in the same room, because we all have laptops. Strange universe we all live in, eh? Definitely NOT the type of marriages that existed 40 or 50 years ago! (I am not the "little woman".)

Stacykins said:
I should be powerwashing and taking apart an my sun conure's old cage to donate to a parrot rescue.

Are there parrot rescues in Wisconsin? Have you read about the parrots in my home town, Carlinville, IL? The parrots have made Illinois news, but probably not national news. We have parrots flying over head for about ten or twelve years. A guy used to raise them, I think he had like 15 of them, then he died and now the parrots fly wild. There have been several articles in the Springfield, Illinois paper as there was some talk about someone trying to capture them and taking them to a parrot haven of sometype.

Once my mom came out her front door and there was one in her bushes, right next to her front door! It wasn't well, and there was another parrot on her roof looking over the sick one. We fed and watered it for about five days, and called the old man to let him know it was there. We aren't sure whether it got better on its own, or whether he came to get it. Just one day it was gone. But that thing was like 18" tall. It was a VERY beautiful bird, so colorful! They continue to fly in twos over the town.

Ooo, apparently, here's an update http://cityparrots.org/index.php/post/n ... tablished/

Yep. For years I gave my husband a hard time because he played cards on line.

Now he gives me a hard time because I am online much more than he is!! Having a laptop of our own certainly does help!

:D

Jude

studioalamode said:
Stacykins said:

Are there parrot rescues in Wisconsin? Have you read about the parrots in my home town, Carlinville, IL? The parrots have made Illinois news, but probably not national news. We have parrots flying over head for about ten or twelve years. A guy used to raise them, I think he had like 15 of them, then he died and now the parrots fly wild. There have been several articles in the Springfield, Illinois paper as there was some talk about someone trying to capture them and taking them to a parrot haven of sometype.

Once my mom came out her front door and there was one in her bushes, right next to her front door! It wasn't well, and there was another parrot on her roof looking over the sick one. We fed and watered it for about five days, and called the old man to let him know it was there. We aren't sure whether it got better on its own, or whether he came to get it. Just one day it was gone. But that thing was like 18" tall. It was a VERY beautiful bird, so colorful! They continue to fly in twos over the town.

Ooo, apparently, here's an update http://cityparrots.org/index.php/post/n ... tablished/

I know Quakers (Monk Parakeets) have taken up residence in a few Chicago suburbs for decades. They build huge colony nests, and these get them through the harsh winter. That is sad those birds became homeless with him when he was evicted. Many parrots are recently homeless due to the economic downturn. When things start looking ugly, people boot the pets first. I'd eat peanut butter sandwiches for every meal before I'd consider dumping any animals I was caring for. But that is another rant for another time, heh.

I am donating to the Center For Avian Rehabilitation and Education (CARE). It is in Hubertus, WI. I got my sun conure a much larger cage, and her old cage was very lightly used. Might as well put it to use! I'd rather donate it then sell it to someone who might try putting too large a bird in too small a cage.

Thankfully I did clean and take it apart.

Hubby and cleaned the house top and bottom this morning . We share the work and then we are both free to do whatever. "Whatever" right now is moving about 50 perennials to make room for a dble garage.

Kitn

I should be cleaning the bathrooms, urgh, my least fave job, then in five mins of to pick my dd from school, so this is a sneaky surf!

Once again, I am enjoying a butter toffee coffee and my husband is finishing the lawn. :)

But, I am just waiting for him till we can go furniture shopping. So here I am for "just a few."

Jude

Yesterday I started cleaning out a large cabinet in my kitchen that was full of junk so that I could put my soaping supplies in there and have them right in the kitchen. Well, I got about half way through and then you know, you sort of get distracted with this and that, oh, what's that on TV? Needless to say, I didn't finish, not by a longshot. So what I should be doing now is finishing off the mess that I started yesterday! But here I am.........

Since it rained yesterday and is raining now and I didn't get to go to the flea market, I should be at the sewing machine to finish my cool wraps.

jenn624 said:
I should be sorting laundry. I HATE laundry. :(

I hate laundry too but I'm quite lucky in that my husband does all the laundry in our house. He washes, dries and folds it, all I have to do is put it away. Thank goodness for this though otherwise I'd probably have a huge mountain of dirty clothes sitting somewhere in the house....

x

today dhubby and i planted 40 evergreens in front yard. weather is too "iffy" to go fishing, and i will go to any length to avoid vacuuming!

don't have to be back in the truck until a week from tuesday, so tomorrow i reorganize my soap room and start on soapmaking again. the mandarin II and pineapple cilantro are AWESOME and the 1st on my hit list!

life is good! :D

Latest posts

Back