What does your screen name mean?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuckoo Bananas

Reaction score
Mine was a case where I tried to come up with something classy but the few I tried got rejected so I just picked something to get in and get started - cuckoo bananas just happened to be the first words that came to mind - probably because it was a novelty saying in my house, anything was 'cuckoo bananas' at that time. Now a few years later I wish I'd sat for 5 minutes more and thought of something better lol.

What's the story of everyone else's? Is it just a case of random words like mine or is there a meaning behind them? Do share :)

Mine is a no brainer really...

I am a 75 year old nurse ;)

CB - I know what you mean about wishing you put more thought into it. Various versions of the same screen name abound on forums that I am a member of. This time I wanted something different and got as far as trying variations of my name, my star sign, and my kids names that were all rejected.
Hence my unoriginal name. I like your name. It conjures up an image of someone who is fun and lighthearted.

Sharna

ohhhh well what ya reckon mine is LMAO... I was christened Tracey and Ann is my middle name , but my Grandmother always called me Traceyann and I love it

And Nurse 75, I thought u were a Nurse but born in 1975 lol

Mine is a variation of my first and middle name thrown together ... Ms. Sharon Lee ... I tried to come up with something catchy to give a name to my business ...

Mine means "The Spider" in German.
In addition to all my other crafts, I am a fiber artist and do a lot of spinning.
I especially like spinning very fine laceweight yarns from my angora bunnies and knitting them into lace shawls.

dieSpinne said:
In addition to all my other crafts, I am a fiber artist and do a lot of spinning.
I especially like spinning very fine laceweight yarns from my angora bunnies and knitting them into lace shawls.

I have a spinning wheel, but no idea how to use it. I'm still trying to master the spindle. With very limited success.

carebear said:
dieSpinne said:

I have a spinning wheel, but no idea how to use it. I'm still trying to master the spindle. With very limited success.

As with soap, it takes a bit of practice.
Most spinning teachers I know recommend spending an hour a day with your spindle...no less... and surprisingly, no more... once your hour is done, put it up and do other things.

I think I am going to need to do a bunch of batches of soap to catch up to the experience gathered in this forum... but I am definitely learning a lot on this adventure.
:)

my problem is, with spinning, that I'm rarely at ease for an hour a day. I'm always on the move - folding laundry, cooking, cleaning, or at my day job, or driving my kids somewhere. i don't even have time to wait for my daughter while she's at gymnastics or something - it's always gogogo. but I am determined to find that time.

Do you have to change your name next year?

As with all women of a certain age... I will no longer count my age up in years with birthdays, but will start to go backwards... I am looking forward to being 21 again, and again ;)

just for a bit of humour... my 15mth old just picked up a dead fly from the carpet and chewed it... he obviously didnt like the taste and handed it to me... mostly masticated but recognisable... oh the joys :)

nurse_75 said:
Do you have to change your name next year?

As with all women of a certain age... I will no longer count my age up in years with birthdays, but will start to go backwards... I am looking forward to being 21 again, and again ;)

just for a bit of humour... my 15mth old just picked up a dead fly from the carpet and chewed it... he obviously didnt like the taste and handed it to me... mostly masticated but recognisable... oh the joys :)

"here mom... I didn't like it, you try it"

Mine comes from an old computer game called Gauntlet II that I used to play on my old Nintendo NES in my teens. The game spoke the character's names aloud a lot, e.g. 'Welcome Blue Valkyrie' etc. I used to choose that character because I loved the idea of a valkyrie in Norse mythology - dark female harbingers of death who chose who would die on the battlefield, and then led them to Valhalla.

I was a bit of a goth as a teenager as you can probably imagine - and maybe still am a bit :D

Mine is a nickname I got when I was very young. The "big" is because I was the tallest one at school and I think "Moose" came about because it sounds like Bruce.

Bruce

Back