What do you think of this for a logo?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the alligator becomes problematic due to someone using the exact same design, pull from other things which Louisiana is known for & which may be kid friendly.

You can also have someone make some customizations to your alligator which makes it unique. That would be fairly cheap if *not* hiring somebody like me 😂because I don't work cheap unless I am donating my time / skills to a non-profit.

Having other gator logos out there isn't really an issue, especially if yours is very unique to others.

And yes, think ahead, as someone else said. if you plan on using any kind of stamp - soap stamp or rubber stamp for print materials - consider your font carefully. For a soap stamp, I would likely forego the alligator as it might be too much / not work that well & use just the text. You can convert your logo to SVG format for this & other purposes, which is important unless the person who is making your stamp is willing to do this for you. There are various free online converting tools you can use for this. Search CONVERT JPG TO SVG FREE if your image is a JPG.

Another consideration is your font color choices, and whether you are saving your logo document in RGB or CMYK color profiles. Most printers I know prefer / insist on CMYK color profile. But for online graphics, you would use RGB.
Thank you so much.

It's strapped to his hand! 😲 I think it is a brush! :eek: 😆

Well there's soap SOMEWHERE with all the foam on his head 🤣 Otherwise he'd be dripping in blood from scrubbing his skin completely raw LOL 😲

That little black line /s is easily gotten rid of in a graphics program, as is adding the word soap to to the pink blob to avoid confusion.

I would just be mindful of the licensing requirements for any image you use that you haven't created yourself. Being able to download or save an image without a watermark doesn't necessarily mean you have the right to use it gratis, particularly for business-related purposes. You might need to pay a licensing fee (which could be very inexpensive, or very costly indeed, depending on the rights holder's chosen fee structure).

Are you likely to get busted for intellectual property theft or misuse? No. But I'd argue it isn't worth the risk. Better to pay the fee.

(I'm not suggesting you had any intention of not doing so; just putting it out there in general.)

I would just be mindful of the licensing requirements for any image you use that you haven't created yourself. Being able to download or save an image without a watermark doesn't necessarily mean you have the right to use it gratis, particularly for business-related purposes. You might need to pay a licensing fee (which could be very inexpensive, or very costly indeed, depending on the rights holder's chosen fee structure).

Are you likely to get busted for intellectual property theft or misuse? No. But I'd argue it isn't worth the risk. Better to pay the fee.

(I'm not suggesting you had any intention of not doing so; just putting it out there in general.)
I agree. It would make life easier.

Latest posts

Back