What do you think of this for a logo?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
Too simple? Too boring? Just right? It looks good? Any ideas welcome. I was thinking fun and light. The name bounces while it's said. Too dark? Not colorful enough? Too colorful? Design doesn't fit with the name?

B(2).png

Last edited:
Is this for your banner on Etsy?

For what it's worth:

• I would reduce the spacing between the letters.
• I would increase the font size of both Bs, or even use just one large B & have both words coming out of that one B.
• I would use more vibrant shades of green / purple / blue - these ones look muddy to me; better yet, use one color for the top word & one color for the bottom word.
• I would move the word BAYOU closer up to the word BUBBLE - there's too much space there.
• If I remember correctly, your target market is mostly children - maybe add a cartoonish alligator at one end, with its tail underlying the word BAYOU.
• I would add more bubbles of various sizes & ensure they are all round, rather than irregularly shaped.

I am not liking this font choice.

I would maybe try to find a free font which is similar in its design - chubby characters - without the distracting line which goes through each letter. This doesn't add anything memorable to the design, unfortunately.

I hope that helps somewhat :)

It's cute - definitely fun and light. Although to achieve a wee bit more of that I would tweak the colours and make them a bit 'clear' and not as muted.
Example ( the green's not quite right, but you get the idea):View attachment 75286

These are definitely better colors, although I am still not a fan of a different color for each letter.

It's cute - definitely fun and light. Although to achieve a wee bit more of that I would tweak the colours and make them a bit 'clear' and not as muted.
Example ( the green's not quite right, but you get the idea):View attachment 75286
I like those colors better. What font is this?
Is this for your banner on Etsy?

For what it's worth:

• I would reduce the spacing between the letters.
• I would increase the font size of both Bs, or even use just one large B & have both words coming out of that one B.
• I would use more vibrant shades of green / purple / blue - these ones look muddy to me; better yet, use one color for the top word & one color for the bottom word.
• I would move the word BAYOU closer up to the word BUBBLE - there's too much space there.
• If I remember correctly, your target market is mostly children - maybe add a cartoonish alligator at one end, with its tail underlying the word BAYOU.
• I would add more bubbles of various sizes & ensure they are all round, rather than irregularly shaped.

I am not liking this font choice.

I would maybe try to find a free font which is similar in its design - chubby characters - without the distracting line which goes through each letter. This doesn't add anything memorable to the design, unfortunately.

I hope that helps somewhat :)
Yes, I'm trying for it anyway. My niece has just ignored it after starting. And I was screwed out of money on Fiverr, then I had to get my money back on Etsy. I can't afford a $300 logo atm so I need to figure something out for myself.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm working with canva. Admittedly not the best.
These are definitely better colors, although I am still not a fan of a different color for each letter.
I'm not sure about the letters being different colors but it did work for Toys R Us while it existed.

What do you think of this one?
View attachment 75289

I prefer it over the first one, for sure. The colors are definitely better.

I did find this image: Premium Vector | Cartoon crocodile bathing in the bathtub which could be uploaded to Canva & used within their platform. I'd flip him horizontally, then perhaps put your text over his stomach area with him looking at the text. Or maybe put your text over the yellow bathtub, which means you may have to tweak the color / placement / size of your text. The best thing you can do is experiment until you're happy with things.

Screen Shot 2023-11-20 at 2.23.36 AM.png

There is also this: Cute Crocodile with Soap Foam on its Head, Funny Alligator Predator Animal Character Cartoon Style Vector Illustration | Stock vector | Colourbox Purchase is only $6.99, which is super affordable.

Screen Shot 2023-11-20 at 2.25.54 AM.png

I would flip this one horizontally too, have the alligator facing your logo's text.

I would definitely get some bubbles happening around the first gator.

Alligator for the BAYOU reference and....bubbles for the BUBBLE reference of course :) It's simplistic, but it is meant for your target market - kids.

Canva isn't 100% terrible, it can be useful for quickly cranking out some labels, but I tend to not use it because it greatly limits what you can do vs an actual graphic design program. That said, a person needs to learn to use a graphic design program - which is very much doable.

Regarding Toys R Us, I never did like their logo. Even when Toys R Us was the shizzle, it was still a poorly done logo in my opinion. Many corporations have subpar logos. I get hired for fixing that sort of thing 😂

For fonts, this is one of many, many resources which has been around for a very long time. There are many like it. Simply search DOWNLOAD FREE FONTS. Fair warning, there are some really 💩 fonts out there in the free realms, but there are also some very nice ones.
https://www.1001fonts.com/search.html?search=bubble+font
I simply went to their site & searched for 'bubble font'. The above link gives you the results of the search, several pages of them.

You can also search that site for 'fat font' 'rounded font' 'bouncing font' etc. I can spend hours on sites like this LOL

Be sure to take note if a font is a DEMO / TRIAL, or if it's free for commercial use or personal use on this site. Even if you have to pay a little bit, it may be a negligible amount. Far cheaper than the $300 you were talking about. Click the font you're interested in, input your sample text to see what it would look like with that font, check the page for direct links to the font artist's website. Very helpful if the font is a DEMO or TRIAL.

Another site with 'display fonts' & others for reasonable prices. Like $25. This is VERY cheap as font prices can get quite convoluted & expensive depending on what you are using them for.
https://ekobimantara.com/display-fonts/
I can't remember if people can upload design assets such as fonts to Canva. I it's possible to upload graphics in various formats, clip art, vectors.

Good luck & have a good night :)

Give the 'gator a bar of soap.

Yes, easy to do if a person is working in a full-featured graphic design program. But if working on a platform such as Canva, may not be so simple, for many reasons.

She's got to do the best she can using the tools she is capable of using.

EDIT: the bottom alligator DOES have a pink bar of soap, but because it's not outlined, it fades into the background, looking like nothing but a pink blob.

This could be easily fixed & colors tweaked in a full on graphic design program.

Thank you so much QuasiQuadrant. It helps to have someone who knows what they're doing lol. I'll look at it some more later. I was playing Cyberpunk 2077 and only just realized it's after 6 am and I haven't been to sleep yet. Oops. lol. Sleep might be a good thing.

Too simple? Too boring? Just right? It looks good? Any ideas welcome. I was thinking fun and light. The name bounces while it's said. Too dark? Not colorful enough? Too colorful? Design doesn't fit with the name?

View attachment 75285
I like the muted colors, but that's just my color pallet preference, bright colors make me want to look away. You said they bounce? That would be cute + the bubbly gator ~ just my 2 cents.
I do love the name though! And the bubbly gator to go with it!

What do you think of this one?
View attachment 75289
I like the name, and it works either way, "Bubble Bayou" or "Bayou Bubbles"! Bubble Bayou sounds like a great kid-friendly place, where maybe different products appealing to young people could be found. Especially if one day you want to create another sort of "place" for a different market. One nice thing about a simpler typeface like this is that it will translate easily into a soap stamp, should you ever decide you'd like one. I think once the letter placement & colors are nailed down, you can vary the friendly alligators/swamp creatures for different products, banners & displays. The tone kind of reminds me of YouTuber Jerika Zimmerman's previous Quench Bear branding (I haven't kept up, so don't know what her new stuff is like), but making it specific to your locale is very cool! Good luck, I think you are well on your way! 🍀

I don't know what skills/software your niece has available, but perhaps she would feel more up to tweaking an idea like this, rather than starting something from scratch herself. Not making excuses for her, since I have no clue about her or the situation, but it can be easy to overwhelm a younger or inexperienced designer (again, just a thought — this may not be the case at all!).

I like the multi colored letters. If you're selling to parents of under-tweens, as it seems, with this specific biz, it's joyous and bright.

Also.. you might check to see how common the gator is on other logos for similar products, so you don't accidentally get lost in the shuffle.

These are so helpful. Thank you very much.
I like the multi colored letters. If you're selling to parents of under-tweens, as it seems, with this specific biz, it's joyous and bright.

Also.. you might check to see how common the gator is on other logos for similar products, so you don't accidentally get lost in the shuffle.
Good suggestions. Gators are common everywhere in south Louisiana.

These are so helpful. Thank you very much.

Good suggestions. Gators are common everywhere in south Louisiana.

If the alligator becomes problematic due to someone using the exact same design, pull from other things which Louisiana is known for & which may be kid friendly.

You can also have someone make some customizations to your alligator which makes it unique. That would be fairly cheap if *not* hiring somebody like me 😂because I don't work cheap unless I am donating my time / skills to a non-profit.

Having other gator logos out there isn't really an issue, especially if yours is very unique to others.

And yes, think ahead, as someone else said. if you plan on using any kind of stamp - soap stamp or rubber stamp for print materials - consider your font carefully. For a soap stamp, I would likely forego the alligator as it might be too much / not work that well & use just the text. You can convert your logo to SVG format for this & other purposes, which is important unless the person who is making your stamp is willing to do this for you. There are various free online converting tools you can use for this. Search CONVERT JPG TO SVG FREE if your image is a JPG.

Another consideration is your font color choices, and whether you are saving your logo document in RGB or CMYK color profiles. Most printers I know prefer / insist on CMYK color profile. But for online graphics, you would use RGB.

Yes, easy to do if a person is working in a full-featured graphic design program. But if working on a platform such as Canva, may not be so simple, for many reasons.

She's got to do the best she can using the tools she is capable of using.

EDIT: the bottom alligator DOES have a pink bar of soap, but because it's not outlined, it fades into the background, looking like nothing but a pink blob.

This could be easily fixed & colors tweaked in a full on graphic design program.
I thought he was holding a brush.

Latest posts

Back