what did people make this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
I did dragons blood, i dont really like the scent, but people always want it! I also did christmas wreath a few days ago(wsp), it really smells like a tree! My soap was for sale at a church craft show(the lady offered to bring my soap) so, im excited to see how it went.

oatmeal and honey. this really surprised me because it didn't heat at all, and i was expecting it to at least be slightly warm. when things like that happen, i worry a little wondering if i forgot something etc. i was expecting it to overheat....

haven't cut it yet - hve to get all my other chores out of the way before i can. once it's cut, i want to make a salt bar. i'd make soap all day i f i could...i'm so addicted.

I soaped with my gingerbread man, and stocking Xmas molds. Used gingersnap and snow fairy fos. Also made a one pound batch with sugar plum berries and placed some curls on top. Stuck it in the fridge to hopefully avoid ash.

Before I go to bed I want to measure out a few containers of oil for future batches.

Jude :)

heyjude
what do you put in mold so they come out? my hp comes out, not cp.

Honor,

I don't put anything in the silicone molds and knock on lots of wood have not had any problems yet. I unmolded my leaves and pumpkins without any issues. I believe that I waited a day or two longer to try getting them out though.

Jude :)

Chocolate Drizzle GM soap. Smells so good I keep opening the door to the soap room just for the initial sniff. Too bad it won't stay at that level of smell. :D

I did an oatmeal honey batch and a coffee ground batch with orange vanilla fo. I realized I needed to get cracking to have any hope of being ready for x mas gifts.

I made plans, for the following 2 weekends on a possible way to further improve my trademark soap.. Acheiving perfection is proving to be expensive.

I did the Tar Bar!

It was much less scary than I made it out to be. But I will know more when it gets cut tonight.

I made a batch of "Jack Frost" (Clearance from Big Tree) It's meant to be a vanilla-y mint. Sort of smells like toothpaste.
But I made it with silk and it's white with a light blue swirl and I put some diamond dust mica on the top and it sort of looks like snow.
It's one batch down for christmas presents, a few more to get done this week!

I made an oatmeal milk and honey batch with no color or scent. It has a very sweet smell. Probably my favorite soap so far. Made lavendar yesterday....yuck :wink: I also did some MP soap with the Jack Frost scent and some red color. 8) Now I need more lye....saving up containers to buy a 50lb bag Wed. In the mean time I don't know what I'll do with not being able to make soap!

I made my first three batches! I am so hooked. I was disappointed that they all gelled though as I was trying to avoid, but have got some good advice since about that. Batch 1 was apple jack, batch 2 was adirondack and 3 was liquid crack. other than a partial gel I think they look great. My husband made me two little two pound molds that are perfect for small bataches.

I did my first ever double batches to pour into 2 18" logs.Same soap,but an ITP swirl to evenly distribute between the two.Friday night I did patch/orange/ylang with red clay swirl, Saturday Lav with an alkanet swirl..Really well pleased with the results :)

some bath salts, foot soak, body butter, balm, and lip balm that i need to melt and remake... it got too hard!

Made? nothing. I flipped and resorted my entire stock though, and got a few more things for the fair sorted.

I made warty bath bombs, and today I'm making 10lbs of lavender bastile. Oh yes... I finally made a lip balm I'm happy with, i flavored with orange... mmm mmm.

Latest posts

Back