Weights & Measures

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyLuxuries

Reaction score
Ok so Trading Standards are on my back mainly for my soap cakes/cupcakes but she has now sent me a load of info about other things I should be complying with.

One of which is Weights & Measures and that I should have a set of industrial scales (£108-£300!) that can be calibrated by W&M at a cost of £30 a time to weigh each soap and put onto the label.

Has anyone else heard of this as soaper friends of mine are stating this is utter crap.

Jo xx

That is one reason I sell by the slice and yes they are right secondly the weight must not be less than that stated on the label as far as your cakes are concerned you just need them labeled not a food product

Well you'd think so wouldnt you gurudeep but NOOOOOOO even if I label them I Am Not Food - Do Not Eat and put the 0-3 danger label on I still cant sell them, so fighting it.

I sell my bars individually by slice and they are all cut almost identically.

Are you still having trouble with t/s in or around your area is a company who make soap cakes Yorkshire something I think will look up the address

Latest posts

Back