It only takes one small distraction to screw me up when I’m making a built soap. I went the mix every layer individually route with a well behaved EO, but upped the stearic content of my recipe a little to speed things up a bit. I only had the acceleration problem with the one layer that I made during a brief conversation with a loved one ❤ who forgot the rule about not talking to me when I’m making soap
. I may have measured something wrong, or possibly just SB’d for too long, which would be better for the outcome. In general, the layers were taking about 15-20 minutes to look dull, but I was letting them set up for 30-45 minutes to stay on the safe side. On the plus side, my windows look great.
I’m guessing that my loaf is going to be more “proof of concept” than competition level. I stuck with the test mold and ended up making two layers that were only 20 g of batter. There will be bubbles