weight of soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelleyaynn

Reaction score
How much do your average soaps weigh that you sell? On Etsy it looks to be about 4 oz, but was wondering if that is typical or not.

I market mine as 5oz soaps, but actual weight ranges between 5oz and 6oz.

4oz is pretty average/standard. I personally like a larger bar. If I buy a bar I want it to be 5-6oz.

I have a question related to the size as well, do most people do a longer bar or a thicker bar? I cut up my new batch into different sizes, with the Lynn top attempted and the size I like is around 4 inches long, 2-2.5 tall and an inch thick...I wasn't sure what most people seem to prefer. I know its a preference thing, but if you don't mind sharing what dimensions do you prefer to use?

My soaps are always just a little more than inch thick or thicker. I don't like anything thinner, because they seem to get used quicker.
So 4-5 oz, an inch thick and 2.5 inches to 3 inches tall is how big my soaps usually are.

I actually make smaller bars, bars that fit nicely on soap dishes. Another lady who sells soaps at my local farmer's market makes hers a generous 6oz. and they last a long time! So I went the smaller bar route/little less expensive to the customer and have found them to sell well. Usually 3-4oz., over an inch thick and about 3" tall. More squarish in size.

Genny said:
My soaps are always just a little more than inch thick or thicker. I don't like anything thinner, because they seem to get used quicker.
So 4-5 oz, an inch thick and 2.5 inches to 3 inches tall is how big my soaps usually are.

me too. :D

Latest posts

Back