Weekend soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure you cut it early! Low water soap should be cut at about 8 hours. Ask me how I know this!

And good luck :)

Thank you. I'll check it shortly. It was still warm when I checked it before dinner. I will be sure to unmold it before I go to bed and cut it too.

ETA: I did unmold & cut it soon afterward. The color variation from high & low water is visible but faint. Not anywhere near as pronounced as I would have liked. I tried for 3 different water differences, but only two shade variations are visible to my eye. I did get the mars-like planetary surface look while it was gelling, so it was obvious the low and high water mixes were affecting the gel for the different parts of the soap during gel phase. Very cool.

I have again reviewed the December challenge videos and it looks like I did the technique correctly, for the HW & LW, but the middle water was not far enough off from the other two, it seems. I will try it again when I return from my roadtrip to Colorado.

Last edited:
Where can I find the videos from the December challenge?

You can try using the forum search bar, but I always have better luck just going to the Google search page and type in

soapmakingforum december challenge

Soaping art - All of the superlatives have already been used. True admiration for the ghost swirl. Well done

Latest posts

Back