Website help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertspal42

Reaction score
OOOKKK.. so I think i've discussed this a bit in another thread.. but I bought my Domain name form godaddy.com... but I didn't bother with the hosting stuff.. so I need some assistance because I am TOTALLY LOST!! thank you.. thank you.. *bowing* :D

Well did you find out any information on their site for hosting? Just because you got your name from them doesn't mean you can't also purchase their hosting? Are you reconsidering your decision?

Do you need help finding a host?

I use Future Quest, they have excellent customer service 24/7 and have a very easy command center and have all the latest software on their servers (PHP, MySQL, Apache, ect...). Not the cheapest around though. ($10 per month).

Once you decide on a host, you have to point your domain to your hosts servers. You have to log into your domain account and change the servers there, your hosting company will provide the servers to direct your domain to.

Then you should be ready to start your site. From there you up load your html web files to the "www" folder in your command and control interface on your hosts site (depending on how your host has it set up). Your home page will need to be named "index.html" so the browser will know which file is the homepage.

There's tons of little details to learn as well making your website pages, if you are making your own. There are free templates on the web that can be helpful examples, as well as free html editors that show you what the page looks like as you edit it (look for WYSIWYG editors, like Komposer or Trillion). It look me about a half year to get the hang of the design process and what works well. PM me if you want more help on anything! :) If you are making your own web pages, let me know there are a few things that took me ages to find that made all the difference.

:)

A you going to build your own website? If you choose to set up shop et etsy or ebay or some other online mall, you can point your name at that site & then redirect it if you move elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back