Can I get opinions on new glasses please?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm too late to vote but I did like #1 of your options 😎
Personally, I like half frames, the ones with the monofilament under the frame. I just got my new pair last week 😀 I do like that fuller lens shape too, like your #1 choice, it's easier to see out of without turning my neck. Have you looked at Zenni? I love their selection!
Sorry I look like crap, it's early and the water has been off in our apartment complex due to a water main rupture. Every time they fix it and open the water another rupture occurs so yes, my hair is need of good washing, like with a shampoo bar! 🤣🤣🤣
I've tried on half lenses, they always look funny on me. Not entirely sure why. They look really good on you though. Are those blue? I love blue. No one seems to have any. I did look at zenni. Spent hours looking through all of them and didn't find ones I like. It's a bit annoying that they seem to be sold out of the colors in the styles I liked. The final ones I bought are from Eye Buy Direct.

It was finally cool in my house for the first time in weeks last night. We had a good rain and it brought the temp down. I've never had a summer in the deep south where it didn't pour every single day until this year. It's supposed to rain every day. Apparently the northshore fire departments have put out 45 fires this year already. In the swamp. And there's a HUGE tree in the front of our house that has started dropping it's branches because it's so hot. I honestly never thought I'd see that here. I've been worried about hurricanes and now this.

Sounds like your water company needs to just completely replace the pipe. You must be terribly uncomfortable if you haven't had water for a bit.

I've tried on half lenses, they always look funny on me. Not entirely sure why. They look really good on you though. Are those blue? I love blue. No one seems to have any. I did look at zenni. Spent hours looking through all of them and didn't find ones I like. It's a bit annoying that they seem to be sold out of the colors in the styles I liked. The final ones I bought are from Eye Buy Direct.

It was finally cool in my house for the first time in weeks last night. We had a good rain and it brought the temp down. I've never had a summer in the deep south where it didn't pour every single day until this year. It's supposed to rain every day. Apparently the northshore fire departments have put out 45 fires this year already. In the swamp. And there's a HUGE tree in the front of our house that has started dropping it's branches because it's so hot. I honestly never thought I'd see that here. I've been worried about hurricanes and now this.

Sounds like your water company needs to just completely replace the pipe. You must be terribly uncomfortable if you haven't had water for a bit.
Yes, these are blue 💙 and designer (didn't realize that) but the lady told told me when I picked them up. They are Draper James by Reese Witherspoon (I feel fancy now). I wanted another rose gold pair (like I had from Zenni) but my Dr didn't have anything in pink/rose gold, so blue it is. I may get a spare pair from Zenni later though 😉 When I wear full frames they take over my whole face 🤣 Like glasses with a nose and cheeks and chin ~ it's not pretty, not even cute! At least the half frames make me feel like the glasses mostly disappear 😄

We've been pretty dry here too for storm season, haven't even had a hurricane yet (knock on wood). Barely had any thunder storms.

And it was a water main within our complex that ruptured and every time they fixed it, it ruptured in a new place. I think our apartment is located above/before the rupture because each time they turned on the water we had flow, just at reduced pressure, like not enough to shower, but some people had none. I guess it's to be expected, this complex was built in the 1970's! 🤣

Yes, these are blue 💙 and designer (didn't realize that) but the lady told told me when I picked them up. They are Draper James by Reese Witherspoon (I feel fancy now). I wanted another rose gold pair (like I had from Zenni) but my Dr didn't have anything in pink/rose gold, so blue it is. I may get a spare pair from Zenni later though 😉 When I wear full frames they take over my whole face 🤣 Like glasses with a nose and cheeks and chin ~ it's not pretty, not even cute! At least the half frames make me feel like the glasses mostly disappear 😄

We've been pretty dry here too for storm season, haven't even had a hurricane yet (knock on wood). Barely had any thunder storms.

And it was a water main within our complex that ruptured and every time they fixed it, it ruptured in a new place. I think our apartment is located above/before the rupture because each time they turned on the water we had flow, just at reduced pressure, like not enough to shower, but some people had none. I guess it's to be expected, this complex was built in the 1970's! 🤣
I've looked at some that are rose gold. They actually work with my color but I found out that I have to go in to try them on or they could be slightly.... off. If you know what I mean. I love dark jewel colors like sapphire blue. Though I usually end up with brown glasses because I found they disappear fairly well. I just kind of like the idea of something a little more out there this time. My expensive ones that I just lost (can't believe I lost them) were more obvious and I adored them.

Oh and the makeup in my pic isn't actually something I did. I forgot to say earlier. lol There's some website I found that added the makeup and it just looked too good not to use the pic. I have the original pic too and I look so old without the makeup.

I've looked at some that are rose gold. They actually work with my color but I found out that I have to go in to try them on or they could be slightly.... off. If you know what I mean. I love dark jewel colors like sapphire blue. Though I usually end up with brown glasses because I found they disappear fairly well. I just kind of like the idea of something a little more out there this time. My expensive ones that I just lost (can't believe I lost them) were more obvious and I adored them.

Oh and the makeup in my pic isn't actually something I did. I forgot to say earlier. lol There's some website I found that added the makeup and it just looked too good not to use the pic. I have the original pic too and I look so old without the makeup.
I do know exactly what you mean! The struggle is real, finding the perfect *anything* when it comes to our appearance, especially our faces! I feel the pain of the loss of your new pair 😓 Maybe someone will come up with a way to microchip glasses so we can LoJack them! I mean, seriously, they do it for spies!

I do know exactly what you mean! The struggle is real, finding the perfect *anything* when it comes to our appearance, especially our faces! I feel the pain of the loss of your new pair 😓 Maybe someone will come up with a way to microchip glasses so we can LoJack them! I mean, seriously, they do it for spies!
They can do it for our cell phones, why not our glasses?

Latest posts

Back