Wal Mart out of coconut oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pug Mom

Reaction score
I went to two Walmarts and they were both out of the Lou Ana coconut oil. At the second one I asked, to make sure they are not going to stop carrying it (GASP!) or something... I was told the warehouse was out and they are waiting for the warehouse to get some more in.... I will have to keep checking!

Pug Mom said:
I went to two Walmarts and they were both out of the Lou Ana coconut oil. At the second one I asked, to make sure they are not going to stop carrying it (GASP!) or something... I was told the warehouse was out and they are waiting for the warehouse to get some more in.... I will have to keep checking!

that stinks, you could order online, although you have to pay shipping, it may be faster? try columbus foods, the website is www.soaperschoice.com Im going to order there next time, the shipping isnt too bad and you get 7lbs for 12.95, plus 700 shipping which comes out to be the same as walmart 2.85 per lb.

Pug Mom said:
Do you know how fast they take to ship? I don't know how long I can go with no CO!!

I dont know how long to ship, but maybe faster than walmart getting their supply? I hear ya, im out of palm and fo, no money!

columbus foods usually ships out the same day you order. they ship ups so however long from chicago to where you are at.

i'm in michigan and it takes 2 days.

hehee. My parents still live on the NH seacoast and it's darn near impossible to find things in grocery stores. Depending on where you are I might be of some help, otherwise Columbus Foods sounds like a good bet.

Imblebee said:
hehee. My parents still live on the NH seacoast and it's darn near impossible to find things in grocery stores. Depending on where you are I might be of some help, otherwise Columbus Foods sounds like a good bet.

Thanks, I am actually in Southern NH, on the Mass border in Nashua. There doesn't seem to be anything around here as far as soaping supplies...

Coco Oil in NH

I shop in NH seacost too and I am having the same prob. I've heard that W-Mart has cheap CO...if only they had it in stock. I've had to order it online.

x

if you have an asian market, they have coconut oil CHEAP! healthfood store carry virgin c/o, but spendy. do you have a restaraunt supply in your area? i buy 25 # coconut oil for $39. also costco and sam's club sell coconut.....just a thought....

monet

Walmart Coconut Oil

Found some today in WM...they had very little, and I had to realllly look. It was not in packaging similar to other oils. It was in an opaque large jar, brand name LouAnn, and was about 5.00. The oil was solid. Said on side of container that CO gets solid at 76degrees.

Good luck.

Re: Walmart Coconut Oil

gwenny415 said:
Found some today in WM...they had very little, and I had to realllly look. It was not in packaging similar to other oils. It was in an opaque large jar, brand name LouAnn, and was about 5.00. The oil was solid. Said on side of container that CO gets solid at 76degrees.

Good luck.

That is what I always buy there, but they are out of it around here....

I had the same problem with Walmart this morning in their Amherst, NH store. I called before I went to the store because I live about 35 minutes away.

It turned out that only the $20.00 jar of organic co was available, and not the Louana I had asked for. I was very disappointed.

The store personnel were very apologetic and placed an order for me. I was also told that the warehouse was empty. The department manager told me that I might be a week or so before it came in.

Perhaps, if you call/visit your store they might order some for you as well.
I have some to last me as I soap just for fun, but think that I had better stock up if they do decide to discontinue the product.

Jude

Latest posts

Back