Visiting Essential Depot

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they're really your friends they'll understand that this is a big deal to you. Maybe google something nearby that they can do while you spend time there--or have them bring extra wine, and they can sit and drink while you don't, so you can drive them back!

If they're really your friends they'll understand that this is a big deal to you. Maybe google something nearby that they can do while you spend time there--or have them bring extra wine, and they can sit and drink while you don't, so you can drive them back!

Enjoy! I hoping to go there myself the next time I am in Florida!

I brought back 5 EOs and 1 FO, and all made it though the TSA check (they even went through my bag and left their telltale card). That was a relief, as I just wasn't sure given some of the low flashpoints (though the bottles weren't marked with this info). I smelled nearly every fragrance in the store! I narrowed down my selection by not buying similar scents (e.g., only one fruity, one minty, etc), not duplicating what I had at home (e.g., lemony), staying away from expensive items, and only picking what I really liked and thought would be good in soap. It took me about 1.5 hours and 2 glasses of wine to do that 8). I also bought two molds and some alkanet powder (yay - I can make blue and purple now!).

The scents I bought were:
  • Lavendin EO
  • Rosemary EO
  • Bergamot EO
  • Juniper Leaf EO
  • Mentha Piperita EO
  • Passion Fruit FO ( similar scent to Pineapple FO but cheaper)

I really like the Lavendin EO, and it was hands down better than their Lavender EO and English Lavender FO. It has quite a delicate, light scent so we'll see how it holds up in CP. Fingers are crossed tight because lavender is a staple for me and this would fit that niche. I had never smelled lavendin before so didn't know what to expect. It was a very pleasant surprise. Upon return home, I compared it side by side with the L. angustifolia I like from GloryBee and they are very similar. Neither of these companies will ship fragrances to AK, but my FL friends said they'd be a middleman for me :D

Some of the scents I liked but forewent on for various reasons include Aniseseed, Petitgrain, and Palmerosa EOs. I might regret these decisions later since no shipping was necessary and theoretically, I could have legally put 10 more 4 oz bottles in my checked luggage. All in all though, there were a lot more fragrances I didn't like than did like, so I'm really glad I got to smell before purchasing. I already have enough so-so scents in my collection!

Last thing, the puppy wasn't there. No puppy love for me!:cry: But it was really fun anyway, and I'd recommend anyone drop in if they are in the area. The staff were all really nice and the wine was a great touch!

Latest posts

Back