Hello! Newbie here.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie68121

Reaction score
Hi! I haven’t created my first batch of soap yet, but I am very excited to do so. I’ve spent a good amount of time researching about CP soap making. I love watching how to videos on it, especially when they get pretty creative! I live in Hawaii and some soap making materials are quite hard to come by. Lye! The only place I’ve found is Lowe’s and it’s $17 for 2 lbs! Can anyone tell me if that’s too expensive? I’ve also tried online but most places won’t ship here or it’s $100 to ship. Anyways I appreciate all of your kindness and help in my soap making journey. What is your favorite essential oil? Blend or not. I’m always a lavender lover.

Hello and welcome! You’ve started a post with this same question. Please don’t post the same in ,pre than one place. It will limit the responses you may receive.

Welcome, Katie! Due to shopping costs, most things are more expensive in HI, and esp hazardous items like lye.

Depending on which island you’re on, you may have access to a Costco for good prices on coconut oil, olive oil, and avocado oil. If any of your friends hunt wild pigs, you can ask them to save you the lard for rendering. Lard is my favorite soaping oil!

Welcome, Katie! Due to shopping costs, most things are more expensive in HI, and esp hazardous items like lye.

Depending on which island you’re on, you may have access to a Costco for good prices on coconut oil, olive oil, and avocado oil. If any of your friends hunt wild pigs, you can ask them to save you the lard for rendering. Lard is my favorite soaping oil!
Thanks. I’ve lived here 10 years I know things can be more expensive lol. But lye is definitely hard to come by. I’m good on the lard lol, my soap won’t have animal products.

Hi! I haven’t created my first batch of soap yet, but I am very excited to do so. I’ve spent a good amount of time researching about CP soap making. I love watching how to videos on it, especially when they get pretty creative! I live in Hawaii and some soap making materials are quite hard to come by. Lye! The only place I’ve found is Lowe’s and it’s $17 for 2 lbs! Can anyone tell me if that’s too expensive? I’ve also tried online but most places won’t ship here or it’s $100 to ship. Anyways I appreciate all of your kindness and help in my soap making journey. What is your favorite essential oil? Blend or not. I’m always a lavender lover.

Hi Katie! Welcome to the world of Soaping!

Latest posts

Back