Vegan Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeDee

Reaction score
I am seeing some M&P soaps that are classed as vegan. Can someone explain vegan to me?

Thanks!

Vegetarian means no animal product.

Vegan mean no animal product or by-product. A by-product would be honey, silk, milk, etc.

Then there are hardcore vegans who won't even use anything from a microwave or utensils you used to heat other animal products, like goat milk soap.

:shock: Are you sure? Thats goes a bit too far I think... Nothings going to come in to your vegan soap when you cleaned your microwave and utensils.

Ah, not at all what I was imagining. For some reason when I would see the vegan I was thinking it was some version of organic type stuff. :roll:
Thanks for clearing that up.

dagmar88 said:
:shock: Are you sure? Thats goes a bit too far I think... Nothings going to come in to your vegan soap when you cleaned your microwave and utensils.
Yup! Say hello to my friend's old college roommate! She had to buy a new microwave.

DeeDee said:
Ah, not at all what I was imagining. For some reason when I would see the vegan I was thinking it was some version of organic type stuff. :roll:
Thanks for clearing that up.

Good you asked!

@Candice... I've been a vegetarian for over 10 years. Started eating meat again 5 years ago... Felt like it was affecting my healt in a bad way and the soy burgers started to come out of my ears :lol:
Anyway, as long as no animal was killed for me, I was fine with anything. Like when I brought some shrimps or vegan stuff with me when I went to eat somewhere else, I didn't mind it being prepared next to meat....
Just didn't want to make other peoples life harder with the choices I personally made. :roll:

Latest posts

Back