'Amazon Answers' OMG experience.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I sometimes get emails from Amazon asking if I can answer another customer's question on a product I have purchased.

Back in the spring, when I first started learning about soap, I got some goat milk M&P base, and this morning I got this question from Amazon: "Do you have to melt it? Can you freeze it and then add lye for cold processing?"

I quickly answered, hoping to avoid having someone get themselves in a lot of trouble adding lye to M&P...

Back in the spring, when I first started learning about soap, I got some goat milk M&P base, and this morning I got this question from Amazon: "Do you have to melt it? Can you freeze it and then add lye for cold processing?"

As we often say on SMF, "There are no stupid questions." But this one really tests the line between stupidity and ignorance. Thankfully, ignorance can be corrected; stupidity, not so much. :confused:

Good for you for taking the time to inform the customer! 🥰

As we often say on SMF, "There are no stupid questions." But this one really tests the line between stupidity and ignorance. Thankfully, ignorance can be corrected; stupidity, not so much. :confused:

Good for you for taking the time to inform the customer! 🥰
I particularly loved the detail that the questioner wanted to freeze the m&p... you know, for the COLD process!

Latest posts

Back