Vanilla percent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
Does any percentage of vanilla in FO change the color of soap or does it vary? I bought some blue raspberry and did not see that it had 2% vanilla in it.

Yes, the higher the % typically the darker your soap will be. You can either embrace the fact it's going to change and discolor due to the vanilla content, or you can invest in a good vanilla stabilizer. Just realize all stabilizers are not created equally and they don't always work 100% of the time long term. (you can do a search on stabilizers and a lot of posts will come up with info)
I use a vanilla stabilizer in every batch of soap (it's just a part of my recipe and vanilla is not the only content that will discolor a soap, and the stabilizer can help with other components as well) and I use the one from Bitter Creek because IMO it's the best one on the market. I've tried almost every other suppliers stablizers, and none compare to
BCN's stabilizer.

Yes, the higher the % typically the darker your soap will be. You can either embrace the fact it's going to change and discolor due to the vanilla content, or you can invest in a good vanilla stabilizer. Just realize all stabilizers are not created equally and they don't always work 100% of the time long term. (you can do a search on stabilizers and a lot of posts will come up with info)
I use a vanilla stabilizer in every batch of soap (it's just a part of my recipe and vanilla is not the only content that will discolor a soap, and the stabilizer can help with other components as well) and I use the one from Bitter Creek because IMO it's the best one on the market. I've tried almost every other suppliers stablizers, and none compare to
BCN's stabilizer.
Thanks that really helps. I went ahead and ordered some.

Latest posts

Back