Vanilla Changing color

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just started making soy tarts and I was wondering if the vanilla content in FO change soy wax? Is there some kind of stabilizer I can use like I use in my soap?

Wax won't discolor they way soap does. Many vanillas tend to discolor soap but its not the same with wax.

Most discoloring in wax occurs from light. Light that can discolor wax can come from sunlight, ultraviolent, overhead lighting, etc.

Use UV Inhibitor in your wax to help it keep its color. Even if you don't color your wax it can fade or turn from light. Most wax suppliers carry it. Just follow instructions for adding to your wax.

FO can also discolor wax but UVI won't change that type of discoloration. If your wax turned a light tan or cream color from the FO after you blend it into the wax you still want to use UVI to keep the new 'color' consistent or from any new discoloring or fading.

UVI works primarily with blocking ultraviolet light that can discolor or fade wax colors. Whether you use color or not you still want to use UVI to keep your color from changing or fading and to help it stay uniform.

Latest posts

Back