Valentines Day Gifts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momonga

Reaction score
Yay! So this weekend I finally produced some soaps worth giving (if I get this attachment thing right, you should see my oatmeal-honey soap with the little bees). I also made some delicious-looking hot-cocoa swirl hearts. So I'm going to send them off to family as Valentine's Day treats (treats indeed, coming from someone who always forgets birthdays).

Please share some creative ideas for gift-wrapping for this occasion!

honey bees.jpg

I love the little bees on your soap. It's cute!

I'm terrible at packaging. Have you looked in a dollar store for some heart shaped boxes? I think it would be cute to put them in a box to make it look like a candy box. Of course, they might be disappointed when they find it's not chocolate. :lol:

If you can't find heart shaped boxes, you could buy the candy boxes and remove the candy so you can use the boxes for soap. But then you'd be forced to eat the candy yourself so it wouldn't be wasted. That might be too much of a hardship to tolerate.

You could some muslin or some fabric which has a Valentine motif and use it to wrap the soap. You could secure it with a decorative ribbon for the muslin or lace for the Valentine material.

I got this idea from pinterest a while back, so I cannot take credit for it, but it works great for wrapping sweet treats at the holidays! Get some pretty tissue paper, then sandwich it between 2 sheets of wax paper. Using a DRY iron on low heat, iron it! It makes pretty wax paper to wrap things with...add a bit of baker's twine, tie a bow, and you are set!

If you can't find heart shaped boxes, you could buy the candy boxes and remove the candy so you can use the boxes for soap. But then you'd be forced to eat the candy yourself so it wouldn't be wasted. That might be too much of a hardship to tolerate.

Very good! And I am definately up to the challenge. Hopefully they will not eat it. I can't account for what I might do in the state I am in at 5:30 am, standing in the shower, holding what seems for all purposes to be a large chocolate heart... especially if it comes out of a candy box! But these are going to my mother and mother-in-law, who no longer have to get up so darn early.

This is why I don't like to use foody scented soap in the shower. It makes me too hungry. :lol: I prefer citrus or fresh scents to wake me up.

I like lizflower's suggestion of ironing wax paper with tissue paper. I've never heard of this but I'd like to try it. Now if I can only remember where I put the iron...

Back