Hi, I'm Kelley and I'm addicted to Making Body Products....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humarock

Reaction score
I feel sometimes that I'm so overly excited that this maybe just a 'thing'. Well, it's not. I was in the hunt for something for my harsh winter hands, they split, peeling, bleeding palms and fingers...it's awful....so I was reading something somewhere and thought 'I can do this on my own!', so I ordered some beeswax and shea butter and cocoa butter and some essential oils and got to it. Before you knew it, I had registered my own LLC, have made and tested 3 different products in different variations lol....prior to that I had found woodburning and before that it was quilting...now my sewing machine has dust on it, the woodburning workshop is quiet (yes hubby and I set up a special work bench and spot in the basement, my sewing room is on the 3rd floor lol...)so you can see how I figured this would be a 'thing'...I sleep, eat and breath recipes, body scrubs and butters, learning how to weight and measure and what one essential oil does and how they can combine...it's INSANE, MADNESS I tell you. But boy do I like getting in the shower now! LOL...

I live in the North East. It's cold, snowy and it's a lot of work during the winter, then spring comes (mud season oh yeah)and then summer(those months are my dirty earth hands months)and those months are all spent, opening the gardens, tending the blueberry bush patch and getting wood ready for the next season(well that is really a year round thing lol)in the midst of all that I do work a part time job that has me on the road for hours a day...and that time on the road is silent recipe making. LOL...

Now I haven't tried soap processing. YET....lol...but am looking into that as well.

Yes, I have set up my very 1st craft fair (well first for THIS venture anyhow) I haven't done one for maybe 25 years! LOL...so this will be fun and I'm looking forward to it and trying to find more shows.

I have my test bunnies out there (not REAL bunnies, my family/friends) that I send out product and ask them to test and review and yet I have a FB account and store there and I set up Square and used their free website to open up my website....(you can use your domain address which is GREAT)...oh, yes, I bought my domain name lol....

I even opened up a business account last weekend. So I guess you could say, I'm really excited!

Then I found this forum.....I was looking at the soapmaker3 software and found you folks!

So that in a nut shell is me. I look forward to reading and learning and sharing with y'all!

Any advice is always appreciated....
Kelley

LOL...thank you! I KNOW if I try soap making it will be one and done! I'm so holding off.....LOL...let the pool bets begin! ;)

Welcome!! Yes, soaping is addictive! I'm brand new, since Christmas, but it's all I think and dream about!! I see potential soap patterns everywhere I look, and I can't wait to get in bed at night to watch soaping videos!!
Good luck!! (Humarock Ma.?)

Latest posts

Back