using melon baller (or other tool)with cp soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluevervain

Reaction score
I like to make little balls out of soap to embed in my soap or on the top. I would like them to be on the neat and uniform side. I've tried the melon baller a couple of times and always give up--they don't look that great and I can't get a sphere that's nice all around. I usually end up rolling them by hand, which also is kind of time consuming and they are sometimes a bit lumpy.

I usually am using a little soap leftover from a batch that I've poured into a silicone mold and it's usually about 24 hours old--so pretty pliable.

Any advice, techniques or equipment suggestions for making nice little soap balls? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
busymakinsoap! said:
I roll them by hand when the soap is fairly soft. If you wet your hands slightly you can smooth out the bumps :)

this is what i do as well. if i want them nice and shiny to press into the top i put them in a bowl of water after they're hardened and bump them around together to bump off the lumpiness, then dry them on a wire rack.

i find that the shiny ones don't do well as embeds -- they tend to separate from the rest of the soap -- so i use fresh ''furry' ones as my embeds. (anyone who has hand-rolled a bunch of balls of fresh soap will know exactly what 'furry' is :)

paillo said:
(anyone who has hand-rolled a bunch of balls of fresh soap will know exactly what 'furry' is :)
I agree, "furry" soap works best as embeds

Latest posts

Back