Using Cocoa Powder As Colourant

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I've added it to coffee soap without attempting swirls. What happened was before mixing the ground coffee and cocoa powder to the oils, I added about 2 tbl spoons of water to them which just made them stick to the sides of the little plastic cup. Haha. So next time I may add more water to the powder and make it more liquidy. Do you think this is a good idea? I hope to achieve a decent swirl.

I've never done anything like this but I think (and I could be wrong) that you might be better off trying to mix it with oil instead of water.

I mixed mine in with some of the recipes weighed oils.

But word of caution!: Be light on the cocoa or you will have chocolate colored soap bubbles!

I just made a cocoa powder soap and added it at a very light trace. I tested a piece after I cut it and the discoloring was VERY minimal so far. I was expecting much much more than what I saw and I used ALOT!

I mix the cocoa with a little water and mix it smooth , then a little oil and mix that well. Then add as much traced soap as I need and stick blend it and do my swirl etc.

Kitn

Back