Two firsts for me: Rebatching and Swirling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kikajess

Reaction score
My first couple of batches of CP soap have been let downs. Last night, I grated and chopped most of them up to try rebatching for the first time. I used the boil-in-bag method I saw here: http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/soapmakingbasics/ss/rebatchingsoap_8.htm

Here is my soap, boiling away:
10707840195_22de76da77_z.jpg

After cooking, I added some Lavender EO into it. There were still a few tiny bits of soap that didn't melt down all the way, but I'm okay with that. None of the soap was lye heavy.

I put some in the bottom of the mold and mixed some sage powder into it for color. Then I put the rest on top of that. I used a coated wire clothes hanger to swirl them together like I have seen in some videos. Then I sprinkled some more sage powder on the very top and mixed it in while texturing the top.

10707840095_2427dbcac3_z.jpg

It's been 9 hours. It feels really firm in the mold. Can I slice it yet??!!?!? I'm going crazy with anticipation.
:crazy:

Thats a really neat way to rebatch, I may have to try it. If your soap is cool and firm, you can cut it.

that's a cool way to rebatch! will have to remember if I ever rebatch (I don't have a crock pot)

I also agree with TVivian and JaimeM......cut, cut, cut!!!

Cutting has commenced.

It was pretty sticky when I tried to get it out of the mold at 9am. So I waited until noon, which was 12 hrs after pouring. I should have waited longer because it still stuck to the bottom a bit:
10713668533_5b1904e7cd_o.jpg

I let it sit out for a few more hours cuz it still felt kind of squishy. Then I just cut it. Still seems too sticky to cut, but it cut okay:
10713668773_fa1fa1c8d4_o.jpg

It's...interesting. I may have gone overboard with the sage. But it's WAAAY better than the soap it used to be. :thumbup:

i love the colouring! great first rebatch! i'm sure the smell will fade in time!

Latest posts

Back