TSUNAMI WARNINGS FOR HAWAII TAIWAN RUSSIA + MORE

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Huge earthquake in Japan. Tsanami has hit Japan. Warnings for other countries. I have no words. If you read this, try to get messages to people that may be affected in Japan, Hawaii, Taiwan, Russia + more but I can't remember. Sorry. So sorry. :(

ETA: The information is changing minute by minute so may not be accurate. Watch the news.

Australia added to warning. New Zealand added to warning.

Think it's time we started to take more notice of what we're doing to our world! I think the message is coming through that we can't keep taking ...

What has happened in Japan is so sad. My nephew hasn't yet been accounted for. We've been told that Japn is in 'lock down' and that he may not be able to contact his parents in New Zealand until sometime tomorrow. This waiting is horrid!

All Islands in the Pacific are on alert ...

I have been in contact with friends in Fiji and they're expecting big waves to hit the north and west of the island. Worrying!

Sending postive energy to all who need it! ```***{{{ HuGs }}}***```

Thanks Bubbles!

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre forecasts the tsunami wave should reach New Zealand first at North Cape 6.23 am,
the East Cape and Auckland (west coast) at 7.23 am,
Gisborne at 7.29 am,
Milford Sound 7.47 am,
Wellington 7.53 am,
Auckland (east coast) 8.05 am,
New Plymouth 8.08 am,
Napier 8.17 am,
Westport 8.37 am,
Dunedin 9.29 am,
Lyttelton 10.03 am,
Bluff 10.20 am and
Nelson at 11.15 am.

It's supposed to hit Oregon any time, I was up til 2am watching the news and got up early to watch some more. The destruction from the quake probably wasn't so bad since Japan is prepared for them, but these tsumanis are terrifying and destructive.

Fortunately the tsunami did not eventuate.

My nephew has made contact via facebook and said he won't be able to communicate much over the days ahead due to the power being off, therefore he can't recharge his phone. It was great to read his message and know he's ok.

Amy I don't know how you can watch this stuff so much on the TV. I find it depresses my spirit and makes me sad and unable to function at the level I should. Instead I light a candle for the disaster and every time I see the light I focus my energy on the people/animals who need it. I have always done this and my hubby and I taught our kids this, so that they wouldn't spend needless time being shown images that the media want the subscribers to see and images that aren't always accurate.

Latest posts

Back