TS silicone mold recommendations?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m about to start looking for a high quality TS silicone mold that would make 9-11 bars that are 1” thick (or possibly a little thicker) at least 3.5” tall and 2.5 to 2.75” wide. Can anyone recommend a specific mold?

I have a silicone tall, skinny mold I bought from Nurture Soaps along with the wood box it goes in. I ordered the side-by-side box molds that together hold about 135 total ounces. They also came with plexiglass covers so I can see what’s going on inside. I have several Nurture Soap molds and am very happy with them.

I have a silicone tall, skinny mold I bought from Nurture Soaps along with the wood box it goes in. I ordered the side-by-side box molds that together hold about 135 total ounces. They also came with plexiglass covers so I can see what’s going on inside. I have several Nurture Soap molds and am very happy with them.
Thanks Kari. I will have a look at the Nuture molds

I have the TS from Nurture also--I can get 8 1.25" bars so 10 1". I love the mold. Micas and More has the TS also--it has re-enforced sides-with thicker ribs in the middle

Does anyone know why the two styles of wood molds by Nuture are constructed differently?

This one is a standard rectangular box shape: https://nurturesoap.com/collections/soap-molds/products/4-5-pound-tall-skinny-basic-mold
vs.
This one, which has wider pieces of wood for the base and ends: https://nurturesoap.com/collections/soap-molds/products/4-5-pound-tall-skinny-premium-mold

I like the interior dimensions of the 4.5 lb mold. The smaller mold is only 2.2” wide with a 3.75” max height if filled to the top. The bigger one is 2.5” wide and max height of 4.5”. That height leaves some room for swirls that have some relief and the width gives a little more clearance. I need to be able to get my hand down into the mold for all the complex soaps I’m going to be making in the future :)

I have the 4.5 lb Nurture T&S premium mold. I love it - it's worth every penny. They are very durable. Kari explained the difference in the basic and premium molds. I make my bars 2.5 x 3.5 (regular loaf and T&S), so I don't fill the mold. If you are leaving some space at the top of the mold, you can order a piece of plexiglass separately and lay it on the basic mold. The removable sides are a nice feature as is the grooves for the plexiglass top. But I've never had a problem removing the liner from the basic mold I have.

Another place to check is Workshopheritage.com. They used to be on etsy, but I think they have their own website now. I have a mini TS from them, and it is a 2.5" wide liner. I think the regular sized TS mold they have is the same width, just longer. They have good customer service. The quality of the wood and the construction of the molds is really good.

They also make support boxes for the silicone molds that Brambleberry sells and I LOVE those. They not only keep the mold from bowing out when totally full, but they provide some insulation and make it easy to CPOP as well.

ETA: The Workshopheritage.com TS mold:

Silicone liner inside dimensions: 2 1/2" x 4" x 10" (Width x Height x Length)

You can make a really tall bar if you wanted lol. They have a lot of different molds and cutters. Just more options!

Last edited:
Another place to check is Workshopheritage.com. They used to be on etsy, but I think they have their own website now. I have a mini TS from them, and it is a 2.5" wide liner. I think the regular sized TS mold they have is the same width, just longer. They have good customer service. The quality of the wood and the construction of the molds is really good.

They also make support boxes for the silicone molds that Brambleberry sells and I LOVE those. They not only keep the mold from bowing out when totally full, but they provide some insulation and make it easy to CPOP as well.

ETA: The Workshopheritage.com TS mold:

Silicone liner inside dimensions: 2 1/2" x 4" x 10" (Width x Height x Length)

You can make a really tall bar if you wanted lol. They have a lot of different molds and cutters. Just more options!
I’ll have to check them out. Thanks, Runnerchicki!

Latest posts

Back