Trying....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are making soap like this after 7 batches I'll be staying tuned for your 100th batch. Well done, they look great!

Lorie

Thank-you everyone for your kind kind words. I've gotten excited about doing many things in life like becoming an EMT, doing nails, decorating cakes and just alot in between. But soaping seems to be sticking with me. It's calming, creative family time. And the high last for a long time. Not just for the few hours while your making it and cleaning up but all night your wondering about how its gonna turn out and then the wee hours of the morning when your the only one awake ya tip-toe into the spare room where you put your soap to bed for the night to take a peek. Then your still waiting and its always on your mind. Worrying that its not gonna turn out but can't wait to know the results. Its like a test. And then later when you cut the soap you start to become so overwrought to see the results. And then smelling them almost every day and can't wait to try it. And when I eventually do flop I'm still gonna be proud of what we tried to create.

And yes that is a plain old garbage bag. I thin one. I think they work ok for the most part. I don't mind the wrinkles they give in the soap but seems to be alot of curved egdes. I have lined with butcher paper but it takes me a long time. I usually put my molds in the oven and warm them up some so the garbage bags are easy to throw in after the oven and just before pouring. I had seen Brett Thomas do it on Soapacademy youtube videos and figured if its good enough for him then why not.

Had to edit due to spelling

sygrid said:
If you are making soap like this after 7 batches I'll be staying tuned for your 100th batch. Well done, they look great!

Lorie
My thoughts exactly!!! Only 7 batches and turning out embeds... :shock: !

Back