Trouble Getting Crimson Red Color

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

dalewaite48

Reaction score
I have a customer that wants me to make a Alabama shaped Goat milk soap in a crimson and white swirl. I have not problem making that soap in the shape he wants but I am having a very hard time coming
up with a deep crimson red color. Anyone have any luck now or in the past coming up with a nice deep red color. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dale

Mobjack Bay

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Have you tried adding some black to your red? You might also need a pinch of blue, but not too much because you want to just shift the color to the cooler side of the red tones. Nurture has a mica called Brick Dust, which might be close, but possibly a little too brown for you.

GemstonePony

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trial by Fire from Nurture Soap combined with a Brick Dust should get you close.
ETA: what color is your soap naturally, without colorant? We might need to tweak our advice depending.

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trial by fire makes a nice red for me. If I want a deeper red, I add a little charcoal to it...just a smidge at a time and stir until I get the color I like.

dalewaite48

Reaction score
Trial by fire makes a nice red for me. If I want a deeper red, I add a little charcoal to it...just a smidge at a time and stir until I get the color I like.
Thanks so much I have placed an order from Nature for the Trial by Fire and the Brick Dust.