Trial by Fire Mica from Nurture

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got this last week but I haven’t used it yet. I’ve always found red so intimidating lol

I love it! I have noticed it takes a little more oil to disperse than some of my other micas. And it is potent, unless your soap usually turns out yellow you'll probably just need the lower range of the recommended amount.

I agree with Dibbles. Love the color. Worked great for Watermelon Soap but has a faint pink lather.

I used Trial By Fire for the first time in Monday. It is a true red - not orangey despite how it looks before mixing. Perfect for Christmas, Valentine, and maple leaf soaps.

@Dibennett Someone else just posted a soap with a maple leaf embed - was it in the picture thread or the Soapy Thing thread? I believe that person used a maple leaf column mold.

ETA: it is @GemstonePony’s Marble Soap post in the Photo Gallery thread.

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread. I have been having trouble with red and brown in my soap. My reds turn orange and I never know what I am going to get with brown. Does anyone else have trouble with brown?

I got my first order from them a few weeks ago - not the red but some other colors. Was delighted to get a little card with the order from Ryan Gosling who said he paid for the order and made me coffee! Lol! I hear Nurture has a series of these little cards they send. It made my day!

I used Trial By Fire for the first time in Monday. It is a true red - not orangey despite how it looks before mixing. Perfect for Christmas, Valentine, and maple leaf soaps.

@Dibennett Someone else just posted a soap with a maple leaf embed - was it in the picture thread or the Soapy Thing thread? I believe that person used a maple leaf column mold.

ETA: it is @GemstonePony’s Marble Soap post in the Photo Gallery thread.
Thank you AliOop, I will take a look.

Here's my Trial By Fire experimental soap - such a great red!
2.jpg

Back