Trace time

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
So I have made three batches of soap so far ... I always settle in and get ready for a long stir, but all of them so far have traced in less than five minutes.
Is this normal?
I used different oils each time, and have used FOs in two of them and EO in one, but I'm just wondering, how long does it usually take for your soap to come to trace?

All three soaps were made at different times.. my first one is about two weeks old :wink: They are all normal and I have tried out each one.. seems to suds up and clean like normal!

I use pomace, coconut, castor oils and beeswax in all my soaps and they trace in about 2 minutes using a stick blender. I think it might be the pomace oil that causes such a fast trace but I can't be certain. The soap always turns out good so I don't worry. It may be a bit trickier when I start doing swirls though cause it reaches a thick trace without me meaning to sometimes and I imagine it would need to be a light trace in order to swirl successfully.

sb very little time, ive never looked at the exact minutes, 2 maybe?

Latest posts

Back