To infuse or not to infuse?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used it by adding powder to the soap at trace. It gives a grey color more than purple and you do see some pieces in the soap. I'm now infusing it to try next time.

I just make alkanet-colored soap using an OO infusion from which I strained the alkanet pieces. I was pretty pleased with it as I wanted a nice dark color. I used an EO blend made with key lime, bay rum, vetiver, amyris, and a smidge of patch and clove bud. Here's a couple of pics.

mardigras2.jpg

mardigras1f.jpg

p.s. I find that gelling makes a huge difference in the final result. The ungelled bits left in my soaping bowl look a lot like gryfonmoon's soap.

But it did gel, I saw it. :(

If you want it darker maybe next time you can just try using a bit more of your infused oil. Or a stronger infustion maybe. My first time using the alkanet it totally bombed! Bleck! LOL There are so many variables you just have to play with it until you like your results I guess.

I just make alkanet-colored soap using an OO infusion from which I strained the alkanet pieces. I was pretty pleased with it as I wanted a nice dark color. I used an EO blend made with key lime, bay rum, vetiver, amyris, and a smidge of patch and clove bud. Here's a couple of pics.

mardigras2.jpg

mardigras1f.jpg

Judy, I love this with the gold. Really stunning!

Back