Time to play with Bubble Bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chay

Reaction score
My last show for 2012 is now over and I do not have another one until the start of the Spring season in March. Now is the time of year when I can spend some time playing and experimenting. I would like to try my hand at bubble bars. I have done as much research as I could find and constructed a starting point for a recipe, my supplies should be arriving sometime today while I'm at work which means this weekend I can play to my hearts content. For those that have traveled this road before me are there any tips or advice you can share before I start my big adventure?

Wow that's great. I made a "bubble bar" and it never set up good enough to package as gifts which is why I made them. I hope if your formula is great and you share the secret to them firming for packaging. I think I may have used to much castor oil.

I still haven't had the chance to experiment yet. When my supplies arrived one ingredient was missing. It finally arrived a few days ago and the last of the holiday guests flew out this morning. Hopefully this weekend I can find an afternoon to play. I'll post my results too.

So far myne is still wet ish .... Maybe tomorrow if I keep them by the wood burning stove how's yours doing

So far myne is still wet ish .... Maybe tomorrow if I keep them by the wood burning stove how's yours doing
Mine are too dry. They get hard before I can get them molded. Maybe we should mix our batches together. :lol:

Where do you get your kits from?
I didn't use a kit. I researched what ingredients I wanted to start with and started experimenting. I'm not sure if there is a bubble bar kit on the market or not.

I gave the bubble bars a break for now seeing as I'm running out of room but the ones I did make did take time to dry but work nicely and I do use SLSA in mine. I just have to make room for more soap lol then I can make bubble bars again lol

I love bubble bars, but getting the wet to dry ratio just right has been a pain in the rear. I'm starting to suspect I'm going to have to measure the glycerin by drops, lol.

As far as coloring them goes, how do you guys do it? Since the recipe I use calls for glycerin, I've just been mixing my pigments into that before mixing them together. I'm wondering, though, if bath bomb pigments might work better. Has anyone tried any?

Back