This scent combo is awesome

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody63

Reaction score
Okay, I was getting ready to do lemon soap and got out my new WSP Lemon, Lemon, Lemon, that scent is just too musky for me, so I added Lemongrass, then figured it needed a bit of sweetness, so I added BB's Pineapple Cilantro. WOW, now that is one yummy smelling lemon soap, I Love it!!The combo was something like 2.5 oz. Lemon wsp, to 1 oz. lemongrass and 1 oz pineapple cilantro. YUMMY, didn't like wsp's lemon by itself, but this is a winner.

I just got WSP's Lemon Lemon Lemon... i haven't soaped it yet, I don't detect too much musk, but it doesn't seem very strong to me.

I was going to soap it tonight, but I'm out of coconut oil. :(

i like lemon, but not a clean lemon. i like a creamy-smelling lemon. Does that make sense? like a lemon custard/pudding scent?

my sister made lemon with carrot seed oil, and that smelled awesome! if CSO wasn't so expensive, I'd make some, as well

It is probably just my nose, I expected a more fruity lemon and I am not liking the background musk MY nose is smelling. Salty, I like creamy lemon too, more dessert like. WSP lemon is not creamy, my mix isn't exactly that either, just very exciting to my sniffer!!

I want a fo like that too... I had a feeling that it wasn't going to be like that from the reviews, but I think I don't really smell the musk because I don't smell much of anything! :?

Yes, the reviews were great, but do not reflect my opinion completely, oh well, it is a great mixer as far as I am concerned. The pineapple is just enough of a sweetener, and the lemon overshadows the pineapple so it still just smells like a great lemony soap! Sorry your smeller is broke kitty wings :lol:

Lemony soap that does not smell like something to clean with

:D

Recently while experminting, I tried a sweet cakes lemon verbena and also a L'occotaine dup from sweetcakes of lemon verbena. They were almost exactly the same. At first whiff...I thought of Love's lemon..ok I am dating my self..hehe...but after it setteled in...heaven! Then as I always do, I took my experiment into my bath and It was a lemon verbena bath bomb. I happened to have a rose scented soap in my tub. So I was floating in lemon verbena...with bits of calendula (in the b bomb) and soaping up with the rose soap! OMG...I have never smelled a better, more calming...take my mind away to somewhere foreign and beautiful scent! So I promptly created a soap that has both the rose and the lemon verbena scents combined in layers....I topped the soap with red rose (dried) petals. Then sliced...It is colored a pastel pink and a pastel yellow. Look for it on my site tonight on Etsy! I am telling you, its a keeper!

Wow, thanks for sharing that!! sounds like a keeper and simply heavenly. Don't you love when you stumble across something great by accident?

Latest posts

Back