Thinking About Soap Making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beyondcandles

Reaction score
Hello Soap Family,

I am brand new to the Soap Making Forum. My name is Millicent Richardson and I am from Clinton, MD. I am a candle and fragrance maker. I have been looking into expanding my current crafting to include soap making, but a little reluctant.

I am curious to find out from those of you that are currently making and selling their soaps. As to how well you are doing? The reason I ask is because it appears that a lot of individuals prefer shower gels over bar soaps.

What are your finding? Or feel free to just tell me to get over my fears and jump right in. I can handle constructive criticism. :lol:

Welcome!
You say that you are a fragrance maker. Do you blend you own fragrances? I sell mostly solid soaps. My customers prefer solid soaps over shower gels.

soapbuddy said:
Welcome!
You say that you are a fragrance maker. Do you blend you own fragrances? I sell mostly solid soaps. My customers prefer solid soaps over shower gels.

Thank you! Yes. I use my kids, family and friends to tell me if they smell wonderful or not. Since my kids, family and friends do not care about my feelings :). I know they would tell you the truth. It is very time consuming but rewarding as well.

Welcome Millicent!

My sis used to be a confirmed shower gel gal, but now she uses my bar soaps exclusively and almost panics when she runs out.

IrishLass :)

IrishLass said:
Welcome Millicent!

My sis used to be a confirmed shower gel gal, but now she uses my bar soaps exclusively and almost panics when she runs out.

IrishLass :)

Thank you IrishLass! That is great to hear.

Latest posts

Back