Things the spouse is saying about my soaping!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loriag

Reaction score
A couple funnies for you today and feel free to add your own from the mouths of those non soapers around you-
The hubster is having too much fun with his Facebook status's-
His status from two days ago-
"You know you're the spouse of a soap maker when:
1. There are eight different soaps in the shower.
2. You do beer runs for soap ingredients.
3. Your spare room smells like a Bath, Beauty and Beyond.
4. "Smell this" takes on a whole new meaning.
5. Your fridge fills with several unmarked boxes."

Today's status-
"Can someone come over and take on soap sniffing for a while? It’s all the same to me!!"
After I made him smell this patchouli with a lemon grass exfoliant. I am having trouble getting the patch scent I want. The lemongrass just takes over with a earth scent.

The soap I made him smell today- image.jpeg

Poor souls! I made a cane of soap dough to make a frog embed in a soap, my husband came in, looked at me then said "that's my idea of hell!!", I still ran up to his workshop to show him the cut I was so excited... got a "oh right, hum...".
Oh well, if we had the same passion, we would get nothing else done around the house, as they say, he keeps me grounded :rolleyes:

Thanks IrishLass, I am liking the swirl, just wish my purple had been darker. A happy accident!

My husband wants me to learn to make candles which is a side of him I never knew existed.

I admiringly showed DH some of the beautiful soaps from the feb challenge and he was horrified. He’s adamantly opposed to any soap that looks like an object or food.

Not just your husband. Mine, too. He says he doesn't care what it looks like, as long as it gets him clean. I'm with him on soap that looks like food, though.

I feel more like a drug addict!! Hiding my disease!! I look for opportunities for him to be gone to plan my soaping escapades!! I know he will be gone this weekend, so I put in a BIG online order!! I do have an addictive personality and sometimes have a hard time balancing, but soaping has become my outlet in a HUGE way!! My husband is the type to think, 'if you have time to do THAT, you have time to ______'. I may just be projecting my guilt, maybe that's just how it feels to ME, but I know he's thinking it!! I feel the need to hide my addiction!!

Latest posts

Back