Therapy Garden

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tootie_Smiles

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a newbie from Texas and I have introduced myself in the introduction forum.

Has any one used the fragrance oils from Therapy Garden?

I just purchased about 10 from them and failed to realize that there is not much information on their website regarding how the fragrances react with the CP process. They do list the flash points if that would be any help to me but no ingredients either.

I did send them an email with my questions as well and hopefully I will hear from them soon.

Pauline

I saw that Therapy Garden is having a 25% off FO and an xtra 5% if you sign up.
Surely some one out there in soap land has used this company before.
Help us out will ya!!!

Tia

Chris

Thanks Chris.

Customer service did reply to my email and basically they said their fragrances are skin safe; they comply with RIFM (Research Institute for Fragrance Materials). They do not test their FOs in CP since
"variables differ from soaper to soaper". They also said the mfg they use indicates their FOs are suitable for all soapmaking.

I tried the Moonlight Path FO in some bath salts and I put 10 drops in about 2 cups of salt.....whew it was very strong smelling. So I ended up with a total batch of almost 3 pounds of bath salts :( with just one scent. I wonder if the fragrance will dissipate after a while and maybe I will need to add more. I am letting it dry in a bowl for a few days before packaging it.

Pauline

Hey Pauline,

How did that fragrance do after you let it sit a few days??? Hope it calmed down for you or you could end up with a MIGHTY big batch of just that one scent of bath salts!! :shock:

Yes it did calm down and it smells quite nice now. I haven't tried it in my soaps yet. I do M&P and CP.

I let it sit out for two weeks and I also split it up and colored the other half a little darker. I tried it in a bath with about three tablespoons of the salts. The scent stayed on my skin for quite a while afterwards. I was hoping for more of a conditioning feeling from the olive oil and vitamin E but maybe I didn't add enough.

I packaged up around 8 tubes to give away to friends and family in exchange for their input.

I did try their Honeysuckle FO in some Goats Milk M&P and I put about 2ml in half a pound and it was pretty strong but it smelled wonderful. I think I could have used a little less but it may dissipate some.

Pauline

Latest posts

Back