The Indigo and Jagua Blues

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a tester (see above in post #13 above and was aiming for soap #4.
Made it exactly the same way but increased the size of the mix x 5. Used the same indigo, with the exact proportions, same heat etc. and the soap turned out a dull pale slate grey.
The heat infused oil had been sitting in a glass container for a while but I mixed it well.
So disappointed.

@Mobjack Bay has your synthetic indigo in the post from feb 2020 faded at all?
I’m using a bit of the lighter one in the shower and it has possibly faded a little bit. I will need to dig one of the darker ones out of storage to check on the color.

I was rummaging through soap boxes today, so here’s an update on some of my indigo soaps.

The one on the left was colored with synthetic indigo (Feb 2020) that I dispersed in ammonia, the one on the right was Baphicacanthus indigo (Nurture) added to lye water (June 2019) and the wet one at the bottom is also synthetic indigo at a much lower concentration (Jan 2020). I‘ve been using that one in the shower and that’s the last sliver from a small test batch. Although they’ve all faded somewhat, they’re all still blue, which is great.

A42CE083-7623-4BD1-BA88-25462E260D44.jpeg

Thanks for posting an update! Unfortunately I can't see the picture..

Works on my phone :) I'm still jealous of your ammonia extraction! Mine never turned blue (with indigoferia tinctora)

Latest posts

Back