The birth and death of the Goliath egg...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknRoll

Reaction score
Oh, my poor hen's bum! This is by far the most mammoth egg any of my hens have ever layed. Just wow. I had a feeling it would be a double yolker :shock:

Weighed in at a whopping 5 ounces! If THAT wasn't bad enough... it also had the added bonus of brail bumps! poor thing... :oops:

P3240116.jpg

P3240123.jpg

P3240126.jpg

P3240138.jpg

What a whopper.. I would have named it "Bertha" lol

That's so cool you have hens. I live in the city limits and we can't have chickens here.

LMAO, Christine :) I've gotten a few like that over the years! Last year I got a shell with no egg inside and a couple weeks ago I got one with no shell at all. Both were perfectly intact and egg-shaped.

WOW! Sooooo what exactly are brail bumps? I've gotten fresh eggs with them and wondered about it.
I'm not sure exactly. I think I remember reading somewhere that they were just calcium deposits on the egg that went all wack while forming... :Kitten Love:

I got (what I thought) was a big one today....it's huge compared to the others! It was 3.05 oz. Yours must have been massive!

Was she walkin' funny? LOL (cheering myself up at the expense of your poor cluckers sore patootie) :)

Latest posts

Back