The assumption that handmade soap isn't as "good".

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lindy said:
Oh yeah ~ that running around behind your child with anti-bacterial this and anti-bacterial that is nuts! Let them be kids - let them eaet that pound of dirt every year, it is actually good for them, 2 lbs maybe not so much. I believe by trying to sterilize everything in the house including the toys because they've been played with just goes too far and doesn't allow people to develop natural defences.

OK one of my pet peeves as well..... :oops:

I agree. It's the same parents who take their kids to the doctor for antibiotics when they hear a sniffle. let their bodies learn to defend themselves, for goodness sake!

I agree.
When I was little I got sick super easy, luckily I had a really good doctor who said that outside of being kept warm and drinking a lot, I should not be given meds unless it was super serious, to just let my immune system fight it off, I would be healthier in the long run.
He was very right, I don't get sick near as much now.
Kids need to get sick, it's how their bodies get stronger, as long as they are hydrated and their temp doesn't get too high, its fine.

I think that the media cashes in on any latest buzzword.
Right now it's antibacterial, you can get antibacterial spray, Anti_B handwash,anti-b hand gel, antibacterial toilet paper (what is the point of that). I totally agree that they body has to be exposed to bacteria to develop it's defense system.
You can bet your bottom dollar that the parents at the dr's wanting antibiotics because little johnny has a runny nose are the ones at home that spray everything!
And I use tea tree oil as a natural antibacterial because I like the fresh clean smell of it, it's good to spray in the bathroom.I think I posted that somewhere else on here today!!
Germs are good!!!

Back