The Antisoap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've stopped trying to create the perfect facial soap for my skin. i've tried selecting the oils carefully, choosing the non comedofenic ones. still didn't work. these days, i went back to the oil cleansing method (grapeseed + castor + roe), and sometimes i wash my face with a salt bar, like once every few days.
i have a super oily face, with big pores, blackheads, the whole package. using soap daily stripped the oil from my face, and in turn it makes it more oily. the oil cleansing method does the opposite. i'm sticking with this method for now.

I started the oil method but never really followed it closely. I have fought breakouts, large pores, blackheads.... you name it. I started using oil to at least moisturize my face, using mostly just water to rinse it and noticed smaller pores and fewer break outs. I can't tell you the last time I had a pimple. I am using an OO/Grapeseed mix right now and my face turns red when I first put it on. That didn't happen before. If I use other oils it doesn't turn red, so I guess it's time to change oils, not that the red lasts very long nor does it seem to cause problems.

Kansas, you might wanna try grapeseed-castor combo. i got from Lin, and so far i luv it. sounds like we have similar skin, ya know, oily and stuff..

Grapeseed/Castor should be a awesome combo for oil cleansing due to high amounts of Ricinoleic acid in the castor which has anti-inflammitory and analgesic effects and grape seed which has Linoleic acid which has anti-inflammatory, acne reductive, and moisture retentive properties. You could add some rose absolute in there as well and would only add to those effects.

With the OCM castor is the cleansing oil. You need to figure out what other oil works best for your skin, and what ratio of that oil to castor works best for your skin. (a few actually find using castor at all to be too harsh/drying) I first tried olive and my face HATED it, then I tried grapeseed and noticed a huge difference. I have sensitive skin though and if I use too much castor in the mix I can tell right away. I also use a little bit of avocado oil to moisturize after I wash. The combination has been great for me, I'm so happy with how my skin is doing.

Other little things can cause problems too, like sometimes people react badly if they use fabric softener on the washcloths they're using for the OCM. I also change my washcloths frequently, I don't use the same one more than 2 days. I picked up a set of 18 really cheap at walmart. I also change my pillowcases out frequently, as I wash my face right before going to bed.

Latest posts

Back