THank you

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vivcarm

Reaction score
I would like to say a big thank you to everyone one of you who has posted positve engouragement in the past. I am currently training to run a half marathon, later this summer, and everytime I hit a hard patch, mantally or phsically, I somehow always end up thinking of all the positive thought you all give, and before you know it I am through it! I am currently at the 8.5 mile stage so have a little of the way to go. I have been meaning to write this post for ages, as you have no idea just how much you have all helped me! I am hoping to run for Macmillan nurses, they are a cancer care charity in th UK.

I was intending to run this for myself, as I couldn't find the right charity to supprt. Earlier this year, my FIL got rushed to hospital, and had an emergency life saving operation. He had a burst anyurisim, the Doctors keep telling him he shouldn't be alive. During this operation one of his kidneys got damaged and he got a touch of jaundice, so they did a scan, only to find out that there was a lump on one of his kidneys, it was cancer.Added to this they found that the tumour was on his good kidney not the one that was damaged. He is currently getting heat treatment to gradually kill the tumour. The doctor haven't used this treatment on a tumour so large before, so if this doesn't work, he will be on dialisis, as his bad kidney isn't functioning well enough. Anyway to cut a long story short this charity who are more known for their nursing care during bad spells or when you are nearing the end of you life, also help with the legal side of things, and this is where hey have really helped my inlaws. I feel that I f I can give part of that to someone else, then I will have made the difference to someone else in need too.

So again a big, big thank you!

You are most welcome .All the best in your marathon , what a fantastic cause . You Rock :D

If I could run a marathon I would be thinking ,I have to get this over with quick , so I can go home and make soap or see what is new on the soap making forum.

Kitn

I love the fact that when I am running I sort out problems in my head, it clears the mind, but I also think about soap a lot too! I mean a lot! :lol: :lol:

So sorry to hear about your FIL. My MIL was on dialysis for several years before she died. It was very hard on her and difficult for the family caregivers as well.

I hope the heat treatment works. That would be so wonderful.

In the meantime, keep up with your training and run like the wind!! :)

Jude

I ain't ever going to run like the wind, I am a plodder through and through!, but thank you!
We are just hoping that this works as he is pretty down at the mo, everytime he gets the heat treatment he has no energy for months, but if it works it will be worth a try. I don't know if if he would take to going up to the hospital three times a week. Beacuse of his life saving op, everything is not quite in the right place so he can't have the easier option of having it done theough his stomach,he has to have his blood cleansed instead.

I worked on the dialysis unit here, a few years ago. I was totally in awe of the way the patients handled it , it was a part of there life and they all had a routine when they were in the chair , some worked , some read, crocheted etc, some slept .When done , back to life as usual , for the most part they were very upbeat people, and when someone finally got a kidney transplant ,everyone was ecstatic for them.It was a fantastic place to work.

Kitn

Back