Taking a candle making class

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapy Gurl

Reaction score
I have been interested in making candles for some time now. A class showed up on Group-on for $10! It is two hours and I will come home with 3 small candles. It is through a candle supply place. It's an hour and a half away, but will be well worth the drive. I am going saturday with my BF, he is being great and going with me for my birthday. I am really excited to learn, they are going over waxes, wicks and different types of candles. :D

I already have glass jars I bought for scrub and some soy wax. I also know that many of my scents work in candles too.

The class was originally $25. If you aren't a member of Group-on, you should sign up. I have gotten some great deals at places I go to and places I wanted to try!

I had a great time at the class. We made soy wax candles using both pillar and container wax. I have a 2oz tin, 8oz layered jar and a 6 inch heart candle with chunks and 3 wicks. I honesty did not expect to make candles like that for $10! My BF gave me all of his too, lol. I bought some wax and wicks and am going to give it a try. I was surprised at how easy it was!

Soapy Gurl said:
I have been interested in making candles for some time now. A class showed up on Group-on for $10! It is two hours and I will come home with 3 small candles. It is through a candle supply place. It's an hour and a half away, but will be well worth the drive. I am going saturday with my BF, he is being great and going with me for my birthday. I am really excited to learn, they are going over waxes, wicks and different types of candles. :D
Candle making is a superb hobby.It is a fun.It is a good way to release our creative energy. :)

Back