Swirl snafu

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penelopejane

Reaction score
I made an AC soap with a white in the pot swirl but the white swirl just disappeared into the AC. They are in individual molds so it won't be cut but there is no sign of a swirl at all. Both were at really light trace. I have made the soap perfectly before. Don't know where I went wrong. :( Any ideas?

I am thinking that the trace was too light for both components. Would that be the case? Should the white swirl be a heavier trace or the black main soap or both? Don't want to waste more product without coming up with a solution. Thanks.

I think it would be best to have both at the same trace, maybe light but approaching medium. Or very light medium if that makes more sense.

If you try again with really light trace, I would try pouring all of the white into one or two spots and don't use your spatula to swirl in the pot. Not even a little bit. Then pour into your mold. This will should give you a whispy swirl.

I think it would be best to have both at the same trace, maybe light but approaching medium. Or very light medium if that makes more sense.

If you try again with really light trace, I would try pouring all of the white into one or two spots and don't use your spatula to swirl in the pot. Not even a little bit. Then pour into your mold. This will should give you a whispy swirl.
Thanks I'll try both at light medium. Too scared to waste at light trace again. Hard to imagine my trace was too light!!!! Wish I could remember what the trace was like the first (successful) time.
I think I spread the white too much this time. I put a long string around the pot and a few dollops. I didn't use a spatula because I poured it from the main pot into a long nosed jug then into the mold and I thought that would be enough stirring. I might try pouring the mix into the long nosed jugs then pouring in the white and see how that goes, too.

So annoying when you have the tester down pat and the first main pour is a disaster.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Back