Sweet Orange

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Sweet Orange EO will hold in soap. I am out of 5 fold and want to make an orange patchouli soap

lenarenee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always thought sweet orange was the same as orange...? I've used it once in soap and no, it didn't stick. It wasn't even noticeable at 1 month and this was a hot processed batch. It was an oatmeal milk and honey with sweet orange and clove. The clove was weak, but still noticeable at 1 year.

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have found that the patch anchors the orange tho. I have made several batches with NOW brand patch and orange from the health food store - and it did not fade a bit

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've had good luck anchoring orange with patch too. I have a bar 2 years old that I still get the jist. I think that orange came from Essential Depot, and I don't think it was folded.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Orange, Patch and clove is in the mold. It smells wonderful. Will see. To be honest I went higher than 6% EO and my patch is strong so I think it will be okay. It is a Goat's Milk, Aloe and Oatmeal soap

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Mmmm, it sounds nice! Did the clove speed things up a bit? I still haven't soaped with it, though I did finally buy a small bottle.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmmm, it sounds nice! Did the clove speed things up a bit? I still haven't soaped with it, though I did finally buy a small bottle.
I used a Natures Identical Clove and it did not. It smells just like my bottle of Clove EO that does speed trace. This recipe I was using today is such a slow trace recipe I could have used a little acceleration. :)

Latest posts