Suspension in Melt and Pour Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean1987

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been experimenting with turmeric and sea moss powder in melt and pour soaps. The turmeric works out fine, distributes well, however, the sea moss powder, even though I have managed to grind it down to a very fine powder, like a flour consistency, I've tried making some soaps with the powder and I cannot get it to evenly distribute it into the soap to save my life ☹

I have tried letting the base cool to 125 degrees and then adding the powder that I have mixed with the alcohol and pouring immediately, and the sea moss powder still sits at the bottom of the bar. Wondering if when adding the alcohol to dilute the powder maybe it wasn't enough added, I'm not sure, but that's literally the only thing stopping me from making them successfully.

Should I try a suspension melt and pour base? Would pouring and then layering the base make it look more evenly distributed? Any additional tips are appreciated 🙂

Latest posts

Back