Sunscreen Base?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beijaflores

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am looking for a pre-made sunscreen base that I could possibly add my own "special sauce" to (oils, extracts etc)? Do you know of any manufactures that carry such a base? Do wholesale sunscreen bases for lotion makers exist? This would be for a one-time event, and I do not plan on carrying it in my line. Thanks!

I know I have seen one, somewhere in my wanderings. I thought it was Essential Wholesale, but it was a long time ago and they no longer have it. You are going to have to do some serious google searching. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I do know that it is out there!

Do you realize that sunscreen is considered a drug?

Yea the problem is that it IS a drug and you cannot just modify it. One reason is that if you add anything that is remotely "therapeutic" you even need to have it tested as a new drug. Of course that's not an issue unless you want to sell it, but remember that anything you do to it can impact its efficacy so even if it's just for personal use I wouldn't recommend it.

Latest posts

Back