Sugar whipped soap questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bukawww

Reaction score
I want to make a whipped soap with sugar or salt in it as gifts and eventually if all goes well in the next year or so, part of my inventory.

I've never made whipped soap - found some great resources here but one question hasn't been answered. Can the 'whip' be lost? I want to put the stuff in malibu type bottles - will it survive the test of time, possible periods of heat, moisture from the tub or shower?

What about sugar scrubs in bottles? Will the emulsifying wax keep everything together or is that why most prefer jars so the mixture can be mixed when needed?

Yes, I suppose I mean cream soap then - obviously I haven't made either yet lol.

Bukawww said:
Yes, I suppose I mean cream soap then - obviously I haven't made either yet lol.

I have never made cream soap either :)

A few years ago I had some success with a sugar/salt scrub made with grated soap, oil and sugar/salt combination. This worked out beautifully as it lathered up and rinsed off nicely after scrubbing without leaving any greasiness on the skin, but it would be too thick to put into Malibu tubes. It is better suited to tubs even though it does not need any mixing in the tub. It holds it's consistency.

Bukawww said:
I want to make a whipped soap with sugar or salt in it as gifts and eventually if all goes well in the next year or so, part of my inventory.

I've never made whipped soap - found some great resources here but one question hasn't been answered. Can the 'whip' be lost? I want to put the stuff in malibu type bottles - will it survive the test of time, possible periods of heat, moisture from the tub or shower?

What about sugar scrubs in bottles? Will the emulsifying wax keep everything together or is that why most prefer jars so the mixture can be mixed when needed?

I just started making cream soap and I love it! I use it as the base for scrubs- sugar and coffee scrubs.

My advice? Join the cream soap group on Yahoo...they have recipes, technique...and offer help and advice. It's a great resource.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/CreamSoap/

I am REALLy sad that I only NOW saw this post - thank you for the suggestion - I applied for membership into the Yahoo group.

I can't WAIT to learn...I will have MANY happy friends and family who keep bugging me for liquid/cream soap!

I joined this group too but can't figure out how to navigate it... lol... this will take some time but I'm excited to learn about it!

Back