Whipped Body Butter starter recipe and some questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned about essential oils for health and skin care when I was in massage school (2012). I became enamored and even did my thesis on the use of essential oils in massage (whether aromatic or topically applied). I love everything that feels holistic/eco-friendly/green....etc.

I have been making body butter with essential oils (rather than synthetic fragrance oils, which I am allergic to) for three years. It's what led me to want to learn how to make soap! Yesterday, I made the one thing I have always wanted - an exact replica of the fragrance I wore back in the late 80s! I used to buy it at Nordstrom's but it was discontinued years ago. I am on a few perfumery blogs/forums - Perfumers World, Perfume Shrine, Base Notes, a few others. I found a perfume library and was able to purchase a sample of the original fragrance. And ...ta-daaaaaaaaa!

My coup de grace. I can't believe I even did it, but yep! It's a lovely, soft butter and it smells EXACTLY like the perfume I wore in the 80s! It's a strong vanilla, so I get that a lot of people won't love it. It's a bit of a heady fragrance, super sweet. It's also really expensive (because Bourbon Vanilla C02), but if you're interested, here is the one I use. Best of all, I made it with organic, all-natural, and no synthetic fragrances! Shea butter, Mango butter, Kokum, Jojoba, Vitamin E Oil, Coconut Oil (I only use Doc Bronner's). Giddy-up! The batter was a little soupy, but set up overnight and it is just lovely.
Okay, with me so far? Now.....how to transfer that fragrance to a soap? I'm going to fiddle with it once I get the hang of soap making. :nodding:

I love DIY-ing. Love this forum and I've had fun reading it. Thanks to everyone for the wealth of knowledge you share! I truly appreciate it. I hope some of the links I shared will be useful. :)

Latest posts

Back