Storing soap after cure

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I'd love to get to that point sometime.

Dreams & Reality.jpg

I second baseball card boxes. Cheap, many sizes and the boxes can stack into a fairly compact area. I mostly use a long single box that will hold a log of up to14 bars. I add a card holder at the end to record scent/date made. I either order them on-line or pick up at a local baseball card store.

I box at 3 weeks and have never had an issue. Nothing about the cardboard box prevents moisture evaporation. If the humidity is high, I add a couple of silica packs to the box.

I never had to store soap very long before shipping to wholesale customers. So they went right from the curing racks into the shipping box, wrapped in tissue paper like you find in the bakery section of the grocery store.

The leftovers are stored in dresser drawers in the guest bedroom, nekkid. I'm currently wrapping them in glassine bags and labeling the few I have left. Then I put them in re-purposed small cardboard boxes my vitamins are shipped in.

This is what 2,187 bars of soap curing in the open air looks like.
Beautiful. However, the best thing I see about this photo is that it looks like a workshop where more than one person probably works. I hope you had a helper. I don't think my body would hold out making this many soaps within a 4-week curing period!

I am just a small business soap maker so I really don't have oodles of soap to cure and store. I buy small 4000ml size plastic boxes with lids for stacking ( they are about the size of a shoebox) and then drill small holes throughout the sides and set each batch in it's own box on paper towel and space them out and add a few Silica packs (the ones from pill bottles and Covid packs). The boxes are see through enough to have a paper slid just inside with the info for each batch and cure date. Once they are finished curing I make the boxes and label them and they are ready for markets and I just have to grab whatever boxes I want to sell. I have new shelves in the basement and I purchased a dehumidifier to help with the humidity.

he boxes are see through enough to have a paper slid just inside with the info for each batch and cure date.
Good thinking! ;) I do something similar. Cure card + SoapCalc Printout (date made) with notes added after the fact. Comes in handy... especially as memory wanes with age. 😁

Latest posts

Back