Stock ideas for a shop

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sallyj

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if anyone has an ideas for me. I have been selling my soap, bath salts and bath bombs on a market for a while and am opening a shop in November. Does anyone have any recipes for face packs that can be packaged in a jar with a long shelf life? Any ideas at all to supplement my stock would be good.

Thanks

Sally

Good Morning. Congrats on opening your shop. If you haven't already I would suggest having a section dedicated to the feet and legs. A cooling leg gel, foot soaks, shaving soaps and foot powders for both sexes. Also, you should have a "Featured" section in your store to display up an coming products or ideas. Create a gift registry and have a scrap book ready in case people want to see what you can do. Hope this helps.

Instead of a face pack that might not have a long shelf life why not try face bars. There are some great recipes in the book "Melt and Mold Soap Crafting" by Westerman. I think it's and avocado face bar. Also, activated charcoal is suppose to be good for acne so you could make a soap with a little of this in it. Also, have you thought of making lotion bars? They are supper easy and you can get organic butters and make all kinds of bars. Peppermint one's for the feet and shea butter one's for the hands. It's endless and sooooo fun! :) Congrats....I have shop envy.

Lara

Thanks for the reply's, will definitely look into those. I live in Ireland and the shop is a 2 bedroom cottage in the middle of a town so upstairs is going to be a massage treatment room (my hubby is a massage therapist). I like the idea of the foot ones as they could be teamed up with reflexology .

Thanks again.

Sally

Sallyj said:
Thanks for the reply's, will definitely look into those. I live in Ireland and the shop is a 2 bedroom cottage in the middle of a town so upstairs is going to be a massage treatment room (my hubby is a massage therapist). I like the idea of the foot ones as they could be teamed up with reflexology .

Thanks again.

Sally

Hi Sally, my mil is from Ireland. Somwhere near Cork.

Two suggestions: 1. Make diffusers that work in tandem with the massage oils that your hubby will be using. For example, I have an Enhance Your Calm massage oil that I created for massages and a diffuser for them to purchase to set up on their desks at work. I also made a Life Me Up! massage oil and created a diffuser that lifted the mood for them. It was a way to generate more sales. Worked really well. You can also (I know that I said only 2 suggestions but ...) make .15 ml solid lotion sticks of your massage oils and diffusers and sell them or give them as gifts with purchase.

Thanks for that.

Really good idea, I have had a look on how to make them but any advice you can give would be great :)

Sally

Latest posts

Back