Stable fragrance oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulboy1973

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of a stable frag oil available in the UK for using in CP soaps?
I have only tried one and it seized my batter both times. Any help appreciated. Ta,

Tbh there are loads, florals are often the culprit. Best advice is make sure you buy from a reputable supplier, where have you tried?

Hi, thanks for the reply. Apart from Essential oils so far I have only tried Mystic Moments fresh linen oil from Amazon. Both times it seized my batter, I got use from the soap but it destroyed my working times. Just a recommendation will be fine for now please?

Try to find a source where they actually give reviews of the FO in cold process soap. I always read the reviews from people before choosing a new FO. E.g: https://www.fragranceoil.co.uk
If you can't do that, I would at least opt for oils that are not known accelerators, such as citrus ( but the smell fades) or fruity scents - lemongrass, may chang, bergamot are quite good ones.

I thought I may have had a solid answer to my question by now. Maybe fragrancing CP soap is a total minefield so no soaper wants to commit. All I want is a fragrance oil that doesn't seize, smell is less important as it is only for my own personal use, I'm not selling or producing large quantities. I started soaping to reduce my plastic consumption, various soaps, shampoos and toothbrushes all replaced. I only wash with my soap and use Bamboo tooth brushes. I feel better than when my bathroom was full of single use plastic.

Have you explored the fragrance oil review chart under the fragrance oil section? It might give you the answers you are looking for regarding fragrance oils. I have found that sometimes the recipe can make the difference, as well as the fo.

There are loads of good fragrance suppliers

Soap kitchen
Livemoor
Grapefruit
Just a soap
Soap posh

Its hard to recommend a fragrance without knowing what you like!

Hi,
Thanks for the answer. Honestly I really do not care what fragrance it is, I can work all that out later all I really need is an oil that will not accelerate my batter so I can practice my colours and swirls without it seizing which as you all know makes it impossible.

Try to find a source where they actually give reviews of the FO in cold process soap. I always read the reviews from people before choosing a new FO. E.g: https://www.fragranceoil.co.uk
If you can't do that, I would at least opt for oils that are not known accelerators, such as citrus ( but the smell fades) or fruity scents - lemongrass, may chang, bergamot are quite good ones.
I am desperately looking for good FOs from companies that ship internationally. On your recommendation, I just checked out https://www.fragranceoil.co.uk/. I randomly checked about 20 FOs, and none of them had been reviewed. I also didn't see where I could find the "highest rated" products. Is there an FO from that supplier that you like and recommend? Any recommendations would be very welcome!

Latest posts

Back